• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master/slave relationship between tablets running Mobilesheets
Here's an idea for a feature that a friend described to me at a recent BBQ after a few wines Smile .

This is the ability to make one tablet the master for a group of documents, and to slave others to it. When the musical director changes the master, the changes are synched to all the slaves. In mobilesheets, this might be a "collection" or a "setlist" that is synchronised (along with the songs included).

Everyone from small bands to large orchestras could use this feature. I notice that the use of dropbox might be a future feature. Maybe this could happen via dropbox? If not, even via local wifi, peer to peer, might be possible, but less easy to use.
You are not the first person to suggest this functionality, actually. I like the idea a lot, and I think it could be very useful. I'm thinking that I will support multiple modes of operation if possible - wifi or bluetooth. Going over the internet through something like dropbox would probably be too slow for live use. The bluetooth might be annoying as you would have to pair together all of the tablets with the master, but it would be secure and reliable. Local wifi, on the other hand, might be much easier to set up, but there would be security type issues for me to consider (don't allow someone else with a tablet to mess up the performance), and reliability concerns (depends on the quality of the wifi network). I will give some thought to this in the future. It's most likely the type of feature I would put in a pro version that is more expensive.