• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mobile Sheet on tablet won't conect to Companion
(04-28-2022, 04:28 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Just so I understand - are you seeing that on the Android device or in the companion app? If it's on the Android device, how is your WiFi set up? It sounds to me like MobileSheets is unable to get access to an IP address with the current network connection. Do you have 4G/5G on that device? That could be intefering.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for the prompt reply.  I am seeing the prompt on the android device.  However, I am also unable to do anything with the companion app. 

ok... I did some testing and I have worked it out.  The problem I had is this..  I use my mobile phone as a hot spot that my computer connects to.  However, it seems that because I am not connected to a separate wifi connection on my phone (because I use my mobile data), this won't work.  To fix this, I connected my android phone to a separate wifi (a crappy and very slow mobile broadband) and this resolved the issue.  

Nice!  Keep up the great work and thanks!

p.s. The companion app will make it a lot easier (though not effortless Smile  ) to manually put in the metadata I was hoping to do with a csv, so pretty happy about that.   Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mobile Sheet on tablet won't conect to Companion - by xxjohnboy - 04-28-2022, 07:21 AM