• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting in a setlist after using alpha sort
I am revisiting this, because it's a lot of trouble for me for something that feels like it should be easy. I sorted the setlist alphabetically. Now I want to take control. Don't resort the list before giving me control. Just leave it where it was, in alpha order, and now let me carry on from there and do  some manual sorting. How do you even get it back into the order it was in before I did the alpha sort? 

If you're saying that the alpha order list and the manual order list are two different things, why make me have to copy one to the other? This tablet thing is a computer. Shouldn't it be doing my work for me? It can copy my alpha order to the manual order list.

But more to the point, manual order shouldn't refer to something I used to have. It should mean that starting now, I want control. It seems totally reasonable to me to think that once I choose alpha order, I'm going to lose my manual sort. It makes no sense to me that after I have done an alpha sort, once I choose manual sort, I'm going to lose the alphabetizing I have done. Let the people who want to save their manual order before doing an alpha sort go to the trouble to do the stuff suggested above.
+*+
Wendy Cutler

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sorting in a setlist after using alpha sort - by Wendy Cutler - 03-12-2023, 05:07 PM