• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
View songs while adding to a setlist
Thank you @Goeff Bacon and @itsme for your replies.

"You could create a collection called "Not Wanted" or "Discards"; put your old song versions in this collection".
I have around 3000 songs, which are each all already in a collection, and it's very helpful to be able to filter by the primary collection they're in when populating a setlist. 

"You still need to work through the Songs tab ..."
That is the bit that creates the problem. If I were to go to the Songs tab every time I uploaded a replacement version, I could just rename the previous version of the song with "old version". But I'm not there at the time, I'm in the setlist, maybe at a rehearsal, and it's not convenient to do that update right then, so I do it never. But if I could inspect songs right when adding them to a setlist, and edit the names, I could deal with the issue at the point that I discover it.
After it's in the setlist, I suppose I could open the duplicates and remember to rename the old ones before removing them from the list. I think this is probably my workaround, to make sure that I rename one of the tunes that has a duplicate name with something that describes what is different about it.

"Maybe more convenient: set "discard" as a Source Type (instead of a Collection as proposed)"
I'm not sure I understand this. I would have to set up a new Source Type (where would I do that?) and then remember to always exclude that source type when I'm populating my setlists. I would still like to be able to ID them as discards when I come upon the duplicates (during the setlist creation) rather than go through my 3000 songs looking for the duplicates. 
+*+
Wendy Cutler

Messages In This Thread
RE: View songs while adding to a setlist - by Wendy Cutler - 11-01-2022, 03:42 AM