• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about supporting transparent navbar?
With newer Android versions (10+), Google changed the way all of the navigation bar stuff works. I can now only easily hide the bars completely - I can't as easily make them fully transparent. There appear to be some methods to force the navigation bar not to have a background, but I'm not seeing an easy way to make it configurable where you can toggle it on and off. From what I've seen, it's something you really need to have configured at the application start. You can change the navigation bar background color in the application configuration, but once again, this would mean that it wouldn't be easy to toggle on and off, and would probably require an application restart if you changed the setting, which is suboptimal. I think unless a lot of users push for a transparent bar, I'm going to stick with the "Hide the navigation bar" type behavior where you have to swipe up to see the navigation bar or swipe down to see the status bar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How about supporting transparent navbar? - by Zubersoft - 03-06-2023, 07:15 PM