• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piece/Song with multiple files
I have created 30 pdf-files. Each of them contains one movement of a bigger piece. 
The whole Piece is 300 pages long, so I did not want one huge/potential heavy file, bur rather many smaller files.

I named them using a scheme like that: 

1. Movement (X PIECE)
2. Movement (X-PIECE)

etc.

I then imported them as different files of the same Piece/Song in MobilleSheets and edited all of them and input a ton of annotations.

I would now like to convert the files/movements into individual songs/pieces without losing my annotations.
The reason I want to do this:

1) I now cannot create a setlist out of the different movements, since MobileSheets "sees" only one piece. 
It's hard now to find (fast) one particular movement, since I have to scroll through 300 pages. And since the movements are already named, I don't want to start input and name bookmarks. 
2) Inserting links on a 300 pages long piece, with many repeats/movement is not possible, since MobileSheets has a limit of 10 links.

Thanks in advance for any help
electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro
You have a couple of options:

1) Long press the piece, tap Share->Export Files and select a destination. MobileSheets will export the PDF with all of the annotations embedded in it. You can now reimport that file and split it up in MobileSheets using the "Create Snippet" feature, or you can split the PDF outside MobileSheets before importing.

2) With your existing piece, load it, tap the center of the screen, tap the circle at the bottom left and then tap "Create Snippet". You can now create separate pieces from the main piece that uses a small range of pages. One of the options is to "Copy Annotations" when creating the snippet, so your annotations will be intact.

Let me know if either of those options will meet your needs.

Mike