• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Folder management iPad
Question 
Hello, i just loaded the iPad Version of MobilSheets after using it on Windows for a long time on my Surface.
On the Surface I had set my MobileSheets-Home-Directory to my OneDrive Folder, which made it very storage efficient, as it wouldn't duplicate songs.
It was also possible to change the PDF in the OneDrive folder, in the case I corrected something, and it would automatically sync up.
On the iPad version, the feature to change the directory is missing, is this something that will be added in the future, or will this not be present on iPad?
Greetings!
The iPadOS version cannot support changing the storage location unfortunately, due to the way the operating system works. Applications can not manage files outside of their "sandbox". So all files that MobileSheets wants persistent access to have to be placed under the MobileSheets folder. You can, however, manage the subdirectories under that folder and if you import files from subdirectories inside the MobileSheets folder, the file should be used from that location. 

Mike
(05-28-2023, 04:49 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The iPadOS version cannot support changing the storage location unfortunately, due to the way the operating system works. Applications can not manage files outside of their "sandbox". So all files that MobileSheets wants persistent access to have to be placed under the MobileSheets folder. You can, however, manage the subdirectories under that folder and if you import files from subdirectories inside the MobileSheets folder, the file should be used from that location. 

Mike

Thank you for the quick reply! Great work!