• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying PDF's
I have used every program similar to this for my music and this is by far the best.  I do have a question.  I sometimes make my own pdfs by taking screen shots of tab and that way I can make a nice clean pdf with nothing unwanted in it.  My pdf program will then create a single pdf from all those screen shots and it displays it nicely   but if you try to print it, it will print out one page for each screen shot.  One of the older music programs I had would actually display the pdf as a single pdf but mobile sheets does not do that.  It displays on page for each screen shot.  I just want to know if there is a setting or something i am missing to get around that and have my pdf display as one continuous to pdf and not a single page for each screen shot.

Thanks.
I'm not sure I completely understand - are you basically just wanting the gap between pages removed? Each page of a PDF is displayed independently, which makes sense when using the single page display mode. When using the vertical scrolling display mode, I do plan on adding an option to remove the gap between pages, but MobileSheets still depends on there being separate pages to handle all sorts of features (bookmarks, link points, etc).  So there will never be a mode where it's just one continuous page in terms of how MobileSheets manages it - I can visually remove the gaps between pages, but each page will still be tracked separately.

Mike
From you description it seems you are creating the pdf outside MobileSheets and, if you send it to a printer , it also prints separate pages i.e MS is not doing anything different to a printer.

You could try a different pdf creator to see if you can get the effect you want.

Alternatively, as Mike suggests, you could try using "Vertical scrolling", for the offending pdf; the pdf will still have separate pages but these can be cropped individually to suit so the "jump" won't be so pronounced

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I did not do a very good job of explaining.  I do create a PDF outside of the program by using multiple screenshots.  For instance I may use 6 screenshots to make a PDF.  The PDF will display nicely as one continuous PDF in my PDF program but when I import it into Moblile Sheets it will only display as 6 pages and not one nice long page or two at the most.

It's really not an issue because I have found a work around now outside of the program. 

Thank you.
Glad you have a workaround.

I still think Vertical Scrolling in MS will do what you want. To give it a go:
  1. Display the required "multi-page" pdf
  2. Tap centre of screen to bring up overlay menus
  3. Tap 4th icon from bottom left - this opens the "Select Display Mode" dialog
  4. Set Default Settings to "Vertical Scrolling"
  5. Uncheck default display mode for song
  6. OK

Open another song and repeat above sequence but set to "Single Page" and Check the "default display mode"
This restores the original default display mode (the first song will remain as vertical scrolling and you can still swipe it left and right)
Crop the song pages as required

I think there should be an easier way of setting the display mode - basically one should be able to set the mode directly without having to change/restore the default setting (perhaps Mike will tell me that there is a way)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I'm not sure what you mean Geoff - you don't have to change the default if you want to change it for an individual song. Just uncheck "Use default display mode" and a different dropdown is displayed that lets you choose the display mode for just the currently displayed song. 

I am planning on adding an option where you can long press the display mode icon to display a small popup to quickly change either the default or display mode for the current song (whichever one is currently active). This should be faster than having to bring up the entire dialog.

Mike
Thanks Mike

I thought there would be a simpler way to do it but it is not obvious as one tends to fill dialogs from the top down (and I also wasn't expecting extra options to appear when a check box is modified)

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Working great now and thanks for the great help!