• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have to touch the screen before I can use Page Turner
Hello,

My Page Turner is an Airturn PED. I am using Mobile Sheets Pro for Android. The behavior of the app is that:

1 When I have an individual song open from the list of songs I first HAVE to touch the screen to turn a page before my Airturn will work.

2 When I open a Set List of songs, the AirTurn works straight away without having to touch the screen.

This would indicate to me that the problem does not lie with the Airturn, but with Mobile Sheets not always processing the page turn signals from the Airturn.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Was there a solution? Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Henk
Which pedal mode are you using? If you switch to pedal mode 1 and use Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->AirTurn Direct Mode, does that get around the issue you are currently seeing?

Thanks,
Mike
(06-08-2023, 09:54 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Which pedal mode are you using? If you switch to pedal mode 1 and use Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->AirTurn Direct Mode, does that get around the issue you are currently seeing?

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike! Will give that a try this weekend. I will let you know.
Hello Mike,

I am afraid that did not make a difference. To be clear about what the problem is. When I open an individual song I first have to turn a page using the screen of my tablet, before MobileSheets Pro will listen to the Page Turner. After that there is no problem what so ever. But when I close the song and open the next one, it starts over again. I have to turn the page by hand before I can use my Page Turner. When I put a bunch of songs in a set list then i there is no problem using the pedal. It will simply work. So there is something that Mobile Sheets Pro IS doing when opening a set list, that it is NOT doing when opening a song.

Hope that helps...thank you for your time.
There are absolutely no differences when it comes to pedal processing when loading a setlist versus a single song. I have tested many, many times loading an individual song and then changing pages immediately with a pedal. So something else is going on with your particular setup, but it may be difficult to figure out what that is. I'm especially surprised that putting the pedal in mode 1 did not make a difference... Can you please verify that the song you are loading has more than one page? If you load the song and tap to bring up the song overlay, how many pages are listed?

Mike