• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The snippet problem
Hi everyone,

So I've been using MobileSheets Pro for 3 or 4 years now and I really love the app. I have one major issue though. Is there a way to make snippets synchronise with the original pieces? Let's say I have an opera score and for a concert I need only one aria from it in my setlist. So what I do now is creating a snippet and singing all the rehearsals with it, marking the snippet. Problem: when I need the whole opera score, all the markings I've done in the aria are in the snippet and not in the main score. Is there a way to simplify the process?
My suggestion would be that you don't create a snippet but shorten your full score to the length of your aria using the page numbers.
For example: Your score has 200 pages. Your aria runs from page 37 to 54, so you only display these pages.
When you're done, you can display all pages again.
Your entries should therefore also be included in the complete score.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Hey guys,

the suggestion by McAroni would only work if you only need one aria of the score to have annotations because I think all annotations in other parts of the opera would be erased by shortening the score and going back to full length.

Another option that avoids this would be to break the opera into single pieces that are all put into MobileSheets as songs and then to combine them into a setlist of the whole opera. This way everything keeps synchronized and you can decide for yourself into how many pieces you need to break the opera (e.g. numbers/acts/start - one aria - end/...).

One way of achieving this would be to create a snippet of every piece of the opera and then erase the complete opera, another perhaps more practical one would be to use a csv-file - but I'm not an expert in this. You can probably find more information on this method here in the forum.

Cheers, Malte
(06-10-2023, 09:54 AM)MB10 Wrote: Hey guys,

the suggestion by McAroni would only work if you only need one aria of the score to have annotations because I think all annotations in other parts of the opera would be erased by shortening the score and going back to full length.

oh you're right, i didn't notice that. 
@Mike is that supposed to be? 
another possibility would be to work with bookmarks and mark the individual parts of the opera.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(06-10-2023, 03:49 PM)McAroni Wrote: another possibility would be to work with bookmarks and mark the individual parts of the opera.

And then what? Can I include something separate parts to a setlist? Forscore, I think, has this kind of function. To make a setlist with bookmarked places of bigger scores. Is there a way to suggest this to the developers? That would be exactly what I'm imagining. 

I thought of MB10's way of cutting scores to different pieces and saving them as an album. It's possible, but somehow not really satisfying way. What if I want to share the full score with someone?
Hey kildiss,

I don't understand exactly what you mean with "something separate parts" that you want to combine to a setlist. I think exactly the kind of function you are looking for exists with the csv-feature. You put into the csv-file, which page ranges of the song you want as songs.

For your second paragraph: It would be more practical to not only fill in the information of the opera as "album" but to also combine the songs to a setlist because in this case you also control the ordering. And sharing a whole setlist is no problem, you select it in the library by long tapping it, then go to "Share" -> "Share files" ad then activate "Join into one PDF".

Hope that helps!

Malte
Haha I'm sorry I was still waking up and wasn't proofreading what I wrote Big Grin
What I probably wanted to ask there was, if I could only include the bookmarked places into a setlist.

Thank you, I'll look into the csv-feature! Smile
With the csv method, you have a single physical file; the entries in it specify the page ranges for individual songs within the file. The csv file is only used when you import the file i.e. you can't use it for a file that has already been imported.

The format of the csv is quite strict - I suggest you look at examples on the site to help.
Also, experiment with just a few entries to establish how to get it to work before you process the whole 200 pages (and perhaps on a copy of the file)
It is a good idea to use one of the fields in the csv file as a means of identifying the "master file" e.g. use a unique collection name or use "Albums". This makes it easy to filter the songs so that they can be deleted (e.g. when your initial experiments need to be retried).

I believe that the csv file can also include an entry for the complete file i.e. there should be no need to create a setlist to process the full file. However, I'm not sure whether annotations made in one of the part songs will also show when processing the full file i.e. you might still need a setlist.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6