• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In text annotations keyboard won't appear
Since the latest version 3.8.5 when I make annotations in text mode the keyboard won't appear. 
In the former situation I used my pen to start the annotation. Then I would tap the text-cursor with my finger and the keyboard would appear. This doesn't work anymore and I don't know how to work around this situation.
Any help?
2 HP Pro x2 G612 tablets - often used in linked mode - with pen
Windows 11 pro
Airturn Ped / Custom double foot pedal USB

Before that: Hannspree Titan2 / Acer Switch 3
Do you have a bluetooth pedal connected? It may be acting as a hardware keyboard and disabling the virtual keyboard. Try turning off the pedal (or bluetooth) and see if that resolves the issue. If so, you may need to force the display of the on-screen keyboard (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...dbf896267a). 

If you have an AirTurn pedal that supports AirTurn Direct Mode, you can use that and it should not interfere with the virtual keyboard.

Mike
As a side note, you need to tap the text icon to select the text tool, then tap the page to start inserting text (your message was vague about whether you expected the keyboard to be shown after tapping the text icon). As a side note, there is also a mode where, if a stylus/pen is detected, it will let you write on a field on the screen and it will convert it for you. I'm assuming you don't have that enabled, and it shouldn't be activated if you tap with your finger.

Mike
I do the same thing as always, with the same hardware as always, but the program doesn't react the same. But if you are sure it's not related to a new program version, I will keep on trying to resolve the problem.
Windows 11 pro

No changes were made to text annotation processing in the Windows version in any recent update. I have tested 3.8.5 with my Surface Pro 8, and I can add new text annotations without any issues and the virtual keyboard is shown like normal. So I'm assuming you must have changed some settings on your device related to either the stylus or touch processing.

Mike
Thanks for your info. I'll start looking. Maybe something happened in Windows. Yesterday when I started up, the keyboard was shown at startup (of Windows) which was completely unusual and unnecessary. So probably Windows is the culprit then.
Windows 11 pro

It seems it was a non-issue. It was resolved with a restart. Probably some crooked byte somewhere.
Windows 11 pro

I'm glad to hear that! Thanks for following up.

Mike