• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OneDrive import does not show any files | PDF import fails
Having some problems with import. 

Importing from OneDrive worked fine earlier (about two weeks ago, known to be ok 15-Jun) but the next time I tried it, the Choose File Dialog launched from import is showing nothing. Import from Google Drive behaves somewhat similarly, showing initially nothing but after first selecting the local file system and then Google Drive, the contents are shown (loading is very slow). This trick does not seem to work for OneDrive though, Google Drive shows text Loading with the rotating circle whereas OneDrive seems to do nothing.

I have tried to reconnect my OneDrive account and even use another account, same behavior.

When the issue appeared I was running an _old_ version (perhaps two years or so old Smile ) so I though I should update and did that so now I'm running 3.8.6.
Unfortunately that did not help any, the behavior is still the same.

I managed to (temporarily) circumvent the OneDrive issue by using an SD card to import from.

However, now -- possibly because of the new version -- I am also unable to import any PDF files. The import process goes normally until the very end when the Import Results dialog comes up and says for all PDF files "Failed to open PDF file..." and "Failed to import file...". I tested also using a PDF which I had earlier imported successfully and even that failed to open. I was able to successfully import a jpg file however, so the import is not completely  broken.

FWIW, I'm running a Huawei Mediapad T3 with Android 7.0.

I would love to have some solution to these. MobileSheets is irreplacable! Big Grin
It sounds like you don't actually have the latest version for some reason. If you enable Settings->Import Settings->Extract PDF Metadata, or you switch Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference to "Speed", does the import suddenly work? If so, you are behind one update. Hopefully you can download the latest update through Google Play, but let me know if that is not the case. To be clear, it was a minor update, so the version number is still 3.8.6 as it was released hours after the original 3.8.6 and I was hoping to catch it before most people got the update so that there wasn't a version number discrepancy between Android, iPadOS and Windows (as that often seems to confuse people). 

Mike
(07-01-2023, 03:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It sounds like you don't actually have the latest version for some reason. If you enable Settings->Import Settings->Extract PDF Metadata, or you switch Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference to "Speed", does the import suddenly work? If so, you are behind one update. Hopefully you can download the latest update through Google Play, but let me know if that is not the case. To be clear, it was a minor update, so the version number is still 3.8.6 as it was released hours after the original 3.8.6 and I was hoping to catch it before most people got the update so that there wasn't a version number discrepancy between Android, iPadOS and Windows (as that often seems to confuse people). 

Mike

Mike, 

Thanks! Turning on extract PFD metadata indeed made the import work (from SD card). Google Play also did show an update was available so I updated, and after that the import was Ok even without metadata enabled. PDF problem solved. 

OneDrive seems to be very slow, but I managed to find and select and successfully import a handful of files.
On next attempt after that the Choose File Dialog again displays empty (no path, no files)... and updates after _several minutes_. It is actually possible that earlier I have not waited long enough...
I wonder if something has changed in OneDrive to cause this slow/aberrant behavior.

-Jari

- Jari
The last user that reported that kind of a slowdown issue said it was resolved the next day. So I'm not sure if it just might be a temporary connection issue...

Mike
Things seemed to work fine from a browser so it might be related to the API the app is using. Anyway, for now things seem to be usable.
I'll get back to this later in case the sloooooooooowness seems to continue but it's been for a few weeks now whenever I tried (that was the reason to update -- although I probably should have updated ages ago Big Grin). OTOH. apparently not many others seem to have similar problems.

Thanks for the support!

- Jari