• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing problems with s pen
Hi,

I'm using a Samsung tablet 8 ultra for this app. I've been trying to annotate using the s pen, but sometimes when I want to zoom in and write something, the marking when flying across the page, as if there's another pen in the corner is trying to write at the same time (which creates a straight line when I'm only writing something as small as a dot). I tried on other apps and it didn't have that problem at all. Is there a fix?
Did you enable stylus mode in the annotation settings? It sounds to me like your fingers are generating touch inputs while zooming (or if your hand is touching the screen). If stylus mode is enabled, only the S-Pen should be registered as input for drawing. Or are you saying that the S-Pen is generating those markings while writing?

Mike
Yes I did, the pen is generating the writing. It happens even when the only thing touching is s pen tip. 

(See picture)
https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/fwjVpmKiBihZ
I've never seen anything like that. I have the S8 Ultra as well and it writes accurately without drawing lines like that. Do you currently have air actions enabled for the S-Pen in the settings? If so, can you please turn those off and see if that has any impact on the issue? Also, on the second section of the settings popup, make sure that "Enable palm rejection" is turned on. If you open the pen settings dropdown, do you have pressure sensitivity enabled? You can try toggling that as well. 

Is there a case on the tablet? If so, please also try taking that off as I'm curious if it's touching the screen in some way. I'm just grasping at straws as everything seems to work perfectly fine on my S8 Ultra with version 3.8.6. If you go to Settings->About, are you also running version 3.8.6?

Mike
Fwiw,

I've seen the same behavior, occasionally, on my tab s3.
If it happens, it's usually the first (or one of the first) strokes. Stylus mode is enabled.

I do use a case, a (hard) plastic one with magnet.
I tried everything you mentioned above, and nothing really works (had palm rejection, took off the case, disabled air action, etc.) Sometimes it glitches in landscape mode with two split pages (not always), but the issue occurs everytime when I tried splitting the screen with two applications in order to copy side by side some writings over to Mobilesheets, the spots with the glitch happens when I zoom the bottom right of the right page when I write.
There's definitely some quirky behavior when using split-screen view because I have not been able to dedicate much time to working through that (however I'm spending time on it right now and fixing things quickly). However, even while using that on my S8 Ultra, I never see the strokes appear like in your screenshot. I'm definitely at a loss to explain what is happening. Can you create a library backup under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library and share that with mike@zubersoft.com? Or at the very least export the settings (Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings) and send the .mcf file to mike@zubersoft.com? I definitely want to resolve this, but without having any way to reproduce it, I won't be able to know exactly how to fix it.

I know this may be tedious, but is there any way you can capture a video with your phone of the problem happening? It will just provide a lot of contextual information that may help me reproduce the issue. If you can do this and send a link to mike@zubersoft.com, I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delayed response. Here's the temporary link for the saved settings: https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/icdG8xpf7VAf
Here's the link for the video of me trying to annotate while zooming in: https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/ktp3lbi4teyX
Thanks - the issue appears to be related to the coordinate system being different when the app is in split screen view and MobileSheets is on the right side. If you have MobileSheets on the left side, I don't think the issue will occur. I am working on a fix right now.

Thanks,
Mike