• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro: text size calculation not correct
How text sizes are calculated when MobileSheets renders ChordPro files seems to give wrong results. This has become worse in the recent versions, this post is about MobileSheets 3.8.6 on Android.

LineBreak_too_early_T2_Auto=24.jpg
shows a song after applying 'AUTO-SIZE FONT'. That calculated Lyric Size = 24 and you can see a lot of empty space to the right of the longest lyrics line.

I increased Lyric Size and Chord Size manually to 26. MobileSheets detects the line as too long and inserts a line break.
LineBreak_too_early_T2_Size_26.jpg shows that the text after the line break would easily fit on the original line.

LineBreak_Auto=35_3.7.7_Win10.jpg shows that this was much better (but still not perfect) in MobileSheets 3.7.7 on Win10.

The same happens with page breaks:
PageBreak_too_early_T2_Auto.jpg
shows an example where a line is moved to the next page whereas it would easily fit on the first page.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I can look into whether the line width calculation needs adjusting. However, with your image about the page break, that one makes sense unless you set the bottom page margin to 0. You did not mention what margin settings are currently specified in the settings. 

Thanks,
Mike
I was not aware of the page margin settings and did not care about them (strange, after so many years of MobileSheets usage). So for all my examples the default settings were used:
Left 35, Top 25, Right 35, Bottom 50, Between Columns 40

I reduced 'Bottom' to 25 (same as 'Top') and the page breaks works fine. Thanks for the hint.

As I want to set the margins to small values and reproduce them exactly I miss the + / - buttons  that usually can be find next to sliders in MobileSheets.
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

I reduced Left and Right to 25 and the result looks pretty good.
Maybe that's not a bug at all, just a matter of the right settings.
Thank you for pointing me there.

Tap the number value to the right of the slider if you want to make small adjustments (the dialog that is shown lets you press -/+). I can look into adding the same slider used in the annotation editor and text display settings though.

I will still look into if there is a wrapping issue. I think I might draw lines where the margins are (while testing) to see if the text is wrapping early or not.

Mike

Update:

The measurements are all quite accurate based on how the margins are defined. So I don't see any issue with this so far.
No action required regarding text size calculation. Something has changed, but I can easily tweak the text margings to get what I want.

Regarding
" Tap the number value to the right of the slider if you want to make small adjustments (the dialog that is shown lets you press -/+). I can look into adding the same slider used in the annotation editor and text display settings though."

The +/- buttons in a follow-up dialog as in the Page Margins can imho much better be operated with the fingers. When I change sizes in the text display  settings, it happens frequently that I touch the slider instead of the + or - button and set a value to the maximum or minimum.

But:
The follow-up window of the Page Margins has a bug: 
When I change a value in the follow-up window with the +/- buttons and press OK, the follow-up window is closed AND the Page Margins window is also closed, my change is not taken over.
Expected behaviour: pressing OK in the +/- follow-up window shall pass the changed value to the Page Margins window and return to the Page Margins window that stays open. Closing Page Margins with OK shall take over all changes, closing Page Margins with Cancel shall discard all changes.
This bug existed already in MobileSheets 3.7.7 and is still there in 3.8.6 on Win10.
It works correctly in 3.8.6 on Android.

Thanks - I have that fixed for version 3.8.7.  I'll have to consider some UI changes to the text display settings at some point, and as part of that, I can consider spacing out the components to prevent accidental taps.

Mike