• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change in handling of single backslash
Has there been a change to how MS handles the \ char. Until recently I had been using [F\] to indicate a single strum on the chord  but now the \ is nolonger displayed. If I code it as \\ I get the desired single \. This also occurs with other combination of \ eg 
\ - nothing
\\ - one \
\\\ - one \
\\\\ - two \ 
Etc. I have hundreds of chordpro files where I use \ as an indicator of number of beats so this is causing me quite a problem ? any chance we can go back to how it used to work ?

Thanks
This is most likely the result of changes to properly support unicode characters. This may be a tough one to resolve because I'm using a function to unescape each line which should replace unicode statements like \u2013 with the actual unicode character, but that same function is stripping the slashes. I'll see what I can do.

Mike

UPDATE:

I've updated the code to correctly handle this so I can support backslashes in chords, line endings as well as unicode escape sequences.
(07-02-2023, 05:30 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: This is most likely the result of changes to properly support unicode characters. This may be a tough one to resolve because I'm using a function to unescape each line which should replace unicode statements like \u2013 with the actual unicode character, but that same function is stripping the slashes. I'll see what I can do.

Mike

UPDATE:

I've updated the code to correctly handle this so I can support backslashes in chords, line endings as well as unicode escape sequences.

Wow! I cant believe how responsive to fixing bugs and enhancement requests you are. Absolutely the best app support ever ! Thank you so much for your amazing app and unbeatable support. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️