• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half Page Display w/ Quarter Page Turns in Landscape
I play a lot of classical chamber music and I like to play from scores, if available.  Currently, to get a readable display I will use landscape mode and display a half-page full width image.  The issue is page turns in this orientation.  If is set up vertical scrolling it is hard for me to keep track of where I am on the page as well as listen to the other members of my group as the music scrolls upwards after a pedal press.

My present solution is to manually split each page into two pages and use the the pedal to do half-page turns.  The issue is the amount of editing.  Is there a group of settings which will allow me to display a half page and use the pedal to do quarter-page turns?  To clarify - If my score has four systems on each page, I would like to be able start by displaying systems 1 and 2 (the top half of the page).  A pedal press would display system 3 at the top of the screen (replacing system 1).  The next pedal press would complete the display of the bottom half of the page by replacing system 2 with system 4.  The next pedal press would replace system 3 of the current page with system 1 of the next page.  And so on and so one.

I this even possible?

TIA,
Jeff Chan
Hello Jeff,

You can go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, use the "Scroll down or turn page if at bottom" action, set the amount to scroll 25% of the page and set the scroll speed to whatever you would like. Does that get you what you need or is it more complicated than that?

Mike
I am reluctant to change the pedal action for the small number of pieces that I have set for landscape/quarter-page-turn mode.  That would mean switching back and forth between pedal action modes, or adding another pedal to the two I already use (one for forward page turns, the other for triggering jumps via links).  I also have trouble following the music during scrolls while simultaneously watching my group-mates during playing sessions.  And the screen-change jump from the bottom of one page to the next requires too-careful pedal-press timing to be able to follow the printed music.  I think I will continue with my present process of editing the music files to turn each single page into two half-pages.