• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line 6 Helix Midi
I have been an avid user of Mobile Sheets software for many years. Over the years I have added more and more functions to my songs. I also use the midi functionality intensively with a Line6 Helix LT and Line6 HX XL.
The Midi connections were always a bit unstable, so that the software had to be restarted again and again during a gig. But it worked. The high performance protocol was used. The protocol hasn't been working well for about 6 months after an MS update. Even the smallest connection interruptions can break down the midi connection. Trials with the Google library work, but only very unstable here.
I use Samsung Tab A and Samsung Fe Android tablets. Both tablets have the same problem. Does anyone have experience connecting Line6 Helix?
Could you recommend me an external midi controller that could be switched in between and works well with MS?

Seit vielen Jahren bin ich begeisterter Nutzer der Software Mobile Sheets. Über die Jahre habe ich immer mehr Funktionen in meinen Songs hinterlegt. Auch die Midi Funktionalität nutze ich intensiv mit einem Line6 Helix LT und Line6 HX XL.

Die Midi Anbindungen waren immer etwas unstabil, so daß bei einem Gig immer wieder mal die Software neu gestartet werden musst. Es ging aber. Es wurde das high perfomance Protokoll genutzt. Seit etwas 6 Monaten funktioniert das Protokoll nach einem MS Update nicht mehr gut. Schon kleinste Verbindungsunterbrechungen lässt die Midi Verbindung zusammenbrechen. Versuche mit der Google Bibliothek funktionieren zwar, aber auch hier nur sehr instabil.
Ich nutze Samsung Tab A und Samsung Fe Android Tabletts. Es ist bei beiden Tabletts das gleiche Problem. Hat jemand Erfahrung mit der Anbindung von Line6 Helix?
Könnte ihr mir einen Externen Midi Controller empfehlen der zwischen geschaltet werden könnte und mit MS gut funktioiert?
I have been an avid user of Mobile Sheets software for many years. Over the years I have added more and more functions to my songs. I also use the midi functionality intensively with a Line6 Helix LT and Line6 HX XL.
The Midi connections were always a bit unstable, so that the software had to be restarted again and again during a gig. But it worked. The high performance protocol was used. The protocol hasn't been working well for about 6 months after an MS update. Even the smallest connection interruptions can break down the midi connection. Trials with the Google library work, but only very unstable here.
I use Samsung Tab A and Samsung Fe Android tablets. Both tablets have the same problem. Does anyone have experience connecting Line6 Helix?
Could you recommend me an external midi controller that could be switched in between and works well with MS?
I'm sorry to hear you've encountered so much instability with the MIDI connection. It's really strange that the Google library is not working well over USB, as it seems to be very reliable with all the devices I've tested with.

As far as your question, if your device has MIDI 5 pin connections, then the mioXC (https://www.iconnectivity.com/mioxc) or the Roland UM-One mk2 would work well. If you want to try bluetooth (which can be unreliable depending on the device), the CME WIDI Bud and CME WIDI Master both work well for that. I'm not sure what other accessories are available if you just want connections over USB though. The mioXM is a great device but it's overkill for what you need. I use it for testing as it lets me test MIDI over WiFi, bluetooth, and USB with complex setups.

Mike
Hi,

the MIDI connection between a Samsung X200 (Android) and a HX Stomp was one reason 
that I installed Mobile Sheets. Meanwhile i like it for more reasons :-)

Some things i noticed:
- Android asks for permission every time I connect the MIDI cable
- The keyboard stops working for file editing as long as the MIDI connection is established
  It is still possible to fill fields by keyboard when I create or edit MIDI commands.
  Seems that the Stomp acts as external keyboard?
- Audio is not transmitted, Android seems not to be supported, according to the Stomp manual

No complaints, just hints.
Samsung Galaxy TAB X-200  HX Stomp (latest FW)
The MIDI connection seems to vanish randomly.
I have to reconnect the USB cable in this case.
And every time I'm asked about the audio capabilities of MS, no option to grant permission permanently.
Strange.
That's very strange - those sound like OS/device issues if the MIDI connection is dropping out suddenly. The question you get asked is controlled by the OS as well (MobileSheets can't stop that). I do know there are differences between Android versions in terms of how that is handled though.

Mike
Thanks for your answer.
That will take a while to narrow down.
 I removed some apps, e.g. Tone Room, because they communicate on usb too.
I'm going to test other USB cables.

FW 3.71.0 is out, testing continues ....
(07-02-2023, 11:05 PM)FWHelix Wrote: I have been an avid user of Mobile Sheets software for many years. Over the years I have added more and more functions to my songs. I also use the midi functionality intensively with a Line6 Helix LT and Line6 HX XL.

Seit vielen Jahren bin ich begeisterter Nutzer der Software Mobile Sheets. Über die Jahre habe ich immer mehr Funktionen in meinen Songs hinterlegt. Auch die Midi Funktionalität nutze ich intensiv mit einem Line6 Helix LT und Line6 HX XL.

Die Midi Anbindungen waren immer etwas unstabil, so daß bei einem Gig immer wieder mal die Software neu gestartet werden musst. Es ging aber. Es wurde das high perfomance Protokoll genutzt. Seit etwas 6 Monaten funktioniert das Protokoll nach einem MS Update nicht mehr gut. Schon kleinste Verbindungsunterbrechungen lässt die Midi Verbindung zusammenbrechen. Versuche mit der Google Bibliothek funktionieren zwar, aber auch hier nur sehr instabil.
Ich nutze Samsung Tab A und Samsung Fe Android Tabletts. Es ist bei beiden Tabletts das gleiche Problem. Hat jemand Erfahrung mit der Anbindung von Line6 Helix?
Könnte ihr mir einen Externen Midi Controller empfehlen der zwischen geschaltet werden könnte und mit MS gut funktioiert?

I have been using an iConnectivity MioXC MIDI cable to connect a Galaxy Tab A7 to a Line 6 Helix for over 2 years and it's been rock-solid so far. 
Best wishes, Simon
First success: 
I played a gig with several sets.  The tablet was switched off between them. 
OTG adapter and a USB cable. The connection was stable. Every PC and CC was recognized  Smile
But this time no bluetooth at all. 

[off topic]
Sometimes I activate the tuner to mute the Stomp. Avoid noise while changing instruments.
Choosing a new song (sending MIDI PC) deactivates the tuner and returnes to play mode.
Nice feature.
Glad to hear it all went well.

Mike