• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
working on two devices
Guys.
Just signed up today. Ive been a gigging guitar/vocal musician since the early seventies and every so often, a new product comes out to make stage work easier or more efficient. Mobile sheets has just blown all those aids right out of the water in my opinion. Absolutely love it. Now, as said, im an old skool musician not an I.T person so even more excited that i managed to enter this digital era without the aid of a five year old to help me. I write out my own score in my laptop in a format that has worked for me for decades, save in PDF and transfer to my galaxy which is the only device with the app installed at the mo. There have been occasions where i need to edit or add notes and highlights etc post saving in the library. Im finding i can do the edits on the tablet but it would be easier for me if i can do all the edits on laptop and automatically transfer these edits to tab. i.e have the app on both devices. Am i making any sense and if so, is there a way of doing it?
Kind regards
Nick
"Be careful with that thing you'll have someone's eye out" (Harold. Circa 1066)
Nick,

There are a couple of options:

1) You can use the Sync Library feature to push changes between your devices over WiFi or using the cloud (WiFi is a lot faster). This works well if you only make changes on one device at a time and want to keep the library the same on both devices. An automatic sync feature will be worked on later this year and that will use the cloud or a network share

2) You can long press or right-click a song to select it on the library screen, tap Share->Export as .msf, generate a .msf file and import that .msf file on the other device to update the song. You can export multilple songs or an entire setlist at once if desired.

3) You can create a full library backup under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library on one device and restore that on the other. This is generally overkill compared to option #1 and a lot slower

Let me know if you have more questions about any of these.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I didnt realise this had been posted and as such have now duplicated the post. Feel free to delete/edit accordingly. Ill have a look at what you have written but as said, im a musician, not an I.T person so it looks like a foreign language at first sight. Do i need to put the app on my laptop, if so how?
Nick
Found Sync library. Got as far as enter ip address?? Not a clue.
Did you have a look at the full manual at page 156 manual for andoid devices and 152 for windows devices? There is a good description. 
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/manual/
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Thanks. For the manual. I'll check it out 
Nick