• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
database keeps disappearing
Hello,

I have been using Mobilesheets pro for some time on an Android tablet. My files are located on an sd card which is permanently inserted in my device. I am running the latest Android version. Lately, I keep losing my database. When I open Mobilesheets, it tells me the database is empty and offers to restore the last automated backup. Also, when I manually browse to the location where the database should be located, I do not see the file.
I have tried both location setting for the database file: the android location and the storage location where the files are stored (in my case the sd card), but it does not seem to make any difference. 
I regularly make backups but sometimes I forget to backup after a rehearsal and then my latest annotations are lost.

Does anyone have this same problem or does any one know the solution?

Thanks
That is a very concerning problem. I might suggest creating a library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, save the .msb file somewhere safe such as the cloud, uninstall MobileSheets, reinstall it, restore your library from the backup and see if you continue to encounter the same problem. If so, please send a link to the .msb file to mike@zubersoft.com and I can take a look at the database to see if there are any issues with it. 

As far as where the database is stored, if you go to Settings->Storage, you can enable "Expose Database", and then the database file will be stored under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. I do not allow it to be stored on the SD card, as the SD card could be removed and that would cause absolute chaos with the database (and potentially corrupt it).

Mike
(07-05-2023, 09:57 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That is a very concerning problem. I might suggest creating a library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, save the .msb file somewhere safe such as the cloud, uninstall MobileSheets, reinstall it, restore your library from the backup and see if you continue to encounter the same problem. If so, please send a link to the .msb file to mike@zubersoft.com and I can take a look at the database to see if there are any issues with it. 

As far as where the database is stored, if you go to Settings->Storage, you can enable "Expose Database", and then the database file will be stored under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. I do not allow it to be stored on the SD card, as the SD card could be removed and that would cause absolute chaos with the database (and potentially corrupt it).

Mike

Thank you Mike, I have reinstalled Mobilesheets and I will let you know if the problem persists.

Cecile