• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuration of song folder(s)
New test user.  Does the full manual have details for configuring the folders that will contain the pdf files. 

Before I start to learn how to use the mobilesheets app I need to know the configuration of the folders of pdf files used by mobilesheets. 

Ed
It depends on what kind of information you are looking for. For the Android and Windows versions of MobileSheets, you can change the storage location of MobileSheets if desired which determines where PDFs and other song files will be stored. Every file that you import has to be copied into the storage location if it's not already in the storage location. By default, a subdirectory per song will be created, but you can disable this if you want under Settings->Storage.

Mike
(07-06-2023, 06:26 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It depends on what kind of information you are looking for. For the Android and Windows versions of MobileSheets, you can change the storage location of MobileSheets if desired which determines where PDFs and other song files will be stored. Every file that you import has to be copied into the storage location if it's not already in the storage location. By default, a subdirectory per song will be created, but you can disable this if you want under Settings->Storage.

Mike

Original question "Does the full manual have details for configuring the folders that will contain the pdf files. "  (I'm going to assume  Mobilesheets does not have support provided from company employees rather than a community of users?)

Until I understand song storage, file storage storage, importing songs, what sources I can import songs from I won't be able to make sense of Mobilesheets.

So question I need addressed is:  "Does the full manual have details for configuring the folders that will contain the pdf files."
Since the user doesn't have to do anything to configure folders, that information is probably not in the manual.
I'm not sure what you meant by that Edspyhill05, but I am the creator and sole developer of MobileSheets, and the only employee, so you were getting support directly from me. If I did not answer your question sufficiently, it's because your question was a little unclear and confusing. You also did not indicate important details such as which operating system you are using. I answered your question in a roundabout way by saying that MobileSheets manages all of the files and folders under the storage location. If you want to manage your own files and folders, this is possible on Android and Windows, which the manuals do cover.  You have to uncheck Settings->Storage->Let MobileSheets Manage my Files on Android, and then you can import from any location you want MobileSheets will just use files from their original import location. In the Windows version, there are additional restrictions due to the app being a UWP application, so MobileSheets can only access files under the storage location. You can change the storage location if you want, and if you import files from folders under the storage location, MobileSheets will use the files from that location and won't try to move them. On iPadOS, all files have to be under the MobileSheets folder.  You can set up your own folders under the MobileSheets folder and import files from under there if that's important to you.

In general, if you just let MobileSheets manage the files and folders (which is the default behavior), then you just import the files you want to use and MobileSheets takes care of how they are stored. The idea is that you can manage files and folders outside of the storage location in any way you want, but you really shouldn't mess with the files and folders under the storage location, because you will break the paths that MobileSheets is saving in the database.

Mike