• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug where zooming in past a certain point is stuttery and causes slow annotations.
In annotation mode, when you zoom in (using pinch to zoom with your fingers) you reach a stopping point where it won’t zoom in further. But if you lift up your fingers and try to zoom again it will zoom in but without the Zooming in  animation. I try to zoom in as much as possible when editing for precise markings but when I’m zoomed in all the way the annotations become really really slow. I’ve linked a screen recording that hopefully shows what I’m talking about better than I can explain. This problem happens on my iPad Pro 2020 and my M1 Pro MBP and it is very noticeable in 120hz. Is there any fix or setting that I’m missing? Thanks
Screen recording
The are a number of optimizations I'm planning to make in one of the next major updates. This may help with the draw speed while creating annotations while fully zoomed in. I'm not sure why there such a drastic difference between like 80% and 100% of the allowed zoom level. I'll see if I can figure anything out. There may be some threshold that is being passed that results in much slower drawing speeds.

Mike
I've implemented some changes that drastically improved the render speed when annotating while fully zoomed in. These changes are included with version 3.8.10 which I'm just testing and then submitting for approval.

Mike