• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting to OneDrive’s shared folders is currently impossible
My band has both Android and iOS users.

When we are making a playlist, we share those through a shared OneDrive folder. It turns out, this is impossible for the iOS users, while the Android users have no problem exporting the .mss files to the shared folder on OneDrive.

When I try to export the .mss file to OneDrive, iOS only allows me to share the file within my personal OneDrive environment - from which I am unable to copy/share the file to the shared folder.

So currently, my options are exporting the playlist (.mss) file and sending it by e-mail, or uploading it to my personal OneDrive, find a laptop and use a browser to sign in to OneDrive, look for the file and then copy it to the shared folder.

These options are of course doable, but it feels like kind of a workaround knowing the android version of mobile sheets allows users to export directly into shared folders on OneDrive.

Is this an issue that can be fixed through MobileSheets, or is OneDrive the app blocking the possibilities? (They do tend to make life a little harder for iOS users than windows/android…)
Is it only the export that is the issue? Are the users able to import the mss files in the shared folder in the iPadOS version? Or is that also a problem? This seems like something I should be able to address.

Thanks,
Mike
(07-21-2023, 02:46 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Is it only the export that is the issue? Are the users able to import the mss files in the shared folder in the iPadOS version? Or is that also a problem? This seems like something I should be able to address.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike, sorry for the late reply. Thanks for taking the time!

Importing from a shared folder is not a problem at all. As soon as the .mss file is in the shared folder, every band member/device is able to import from that shared OneDrive folder.

It would be great if you are able to address this!
I have a fix in place for this now. I think the upload actually succeeds in the iPadOS version, but MobileSheets incorrectly reports an error.

Thanks,
Mike
(08-03-2023, 09:50 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have a fix in place for this now. I think the upload actually succeeds in the iPadOS version, but MobileSheets incorrectly reports an error.

Thanks,
Mike

Thank you so much! It’s amazing to see how much effort you put into the app!

I assume the fix will be working from the next version update? (My last version is 15-7, and I am not yet able to choose from the shared OneDrive folder when exporting. It still only shows my private account and no further shared folders).
Version 3.8.10 was submitted to the Apple App Store this morning and is awaiting approval. If it gets approved today, then you'll be able to get the fix for that.

Mike
(08-05-2023, 04:13 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Version 3.8.10 was submitted to the Apple App Store this morning and is awaiting approval. If it gets approved today, then you'll be able to get the fix for that.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry to bother again. So I’ve tried installing the latest updates and updating my iPad, but the same problem still remains. 

Importing from OneDrive goes flawless, yet exporting to OneDrive still only limits me to my personal OneDrive area, I have no option to choose any folders others have shared with me. (My account has authorization to add files to the shared folder).

I am able to send you a screen recording if you like. If so, please let me know where I can send it privately.

Lynnrd
Lynnrd,

I really apologize - I was so focused on fixing the upload errors that I encountered that I didn't verify that I could export to a shared folder. I have this fixed now (it was a very simple adjustment), but you'll have to wait until the next update is rolled out to get the changes.

Mike
(08-15-2023, 08:51 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Lynnrd,

I really apologize - I was so focused on fixing the upload errors that I encountered that I didn't verify that I could export to a shared folder. I have this fixed now (it was a very simple adjustment), but you'll have to wait until the next update is rolled out to get the changes.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot! Don’t worry about it, I really appreciate the effort!
I’ll be on the lookout for the next update then : )

Thanks!

Lynnrd
Hi Mike,

So it seems the issue has not been solved yet with last weeks update.
If I select a playlist > share > share playlist > name.mss > OneDrive, I still only get to select my personal OneDrive folders. The folders that others have shared with me, still do not show.

Am I doing something wrong?

Lynnrd
Lynnrd,

Are you selecting the Setlist, tapping Share->Share song list? If so, that's a problem, because that shares it through Apple's sharing UI. Instead, tap Share->Export song list, then OneDrive, and then if you go to the Root folder, you should see "Shared with me" listed, and you can select that and export to whatever shared folder you want. I just tested this with the latest update and it works fine for me on my iPad. 

Mike
Hi Mike,

Wow that works flawless indeed! Thanks so much for clarifying that!

And thanks again for putting in the work, really loving the app!

Lynnrd
I'm glad to hear it's working for you. You are very welcome! Thanks again for your patience while I worked through fixing the problem.

Mike