• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text quick preset?
say I can save a few(maybe 4-5) text preset so I can switch easily from red text with 50 sized font to black text with font size of 20 with a click?
thanks you
Yes, go to the annotations editor, tap the text tool, tap it again to view the settings, adjust it to whatever you want, tap the start icon to bring up the favorites, tap the + icon, and now you'll have one of your text presets ready to go. Repeat these steps for the other presets, and now you can just switch presets quickly in the favorites window as needed.

Mike
thanks for your help!!!~
That's helpful, but there's room for improvements, see screenshot:
the red text tools have white background and transparent background, the blue ones use standard, bold and italic as font settings. In the favorites selector it is not visible which one is which.

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I'll have to think of the best way to address that. None of the ideas I can think of off the top of my head sound great in terms of how it would look and function. I could allow labels to be assigned for favorites, but that would significantly impact how many could be shown at once in the window. I could allow for a way to see all of the saved settings for the favorites (maybe by tapping it twice), but that would be tedious if you just wanted to see a lot of information at a glance. I could do something like make the numeric size bold/italic to match the text, but that means I have to implement specific handling for text favorites vs others which starts to make the code much messier. I'm open to hearing ideas/suggestions.

Mike
My first idea was setting labels for the favorites. Tapping it twice to see the settings would be too slow. The favorites are good for fast selection, so it is required to see at first glance what is what.
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

Those labels are going to have be very small in order to fit. In order to even account for a small label, the favorites window is either going to have to grow in size or fewer favorites would be visible at once in the window (like only three rows instead of four). I would probably have to limit the label to something like 7 characters (unless I dynamically shrink the font size as the label gets longer which wouldn't look great). Is that really sufficient and is it worth the tradeoff? When it comes to creating favorites, it also means there would have to be an extra step where you tap the + icon, and then have to enter a name. Either that or you'd have to edit it after creating it to specify the label. I also think this problem really only applies to text tool settings. Are there really situations with the other tools where you have almost identical settings except for some setting that isn't obvious/noticeable in the favorites window? Would it be better to handle text favorites in a separate manner, like a separate window or dropdown in the text tool itself?

Thanks,
Mike
I haven't used favourites so no experience of this feature. The following may give you some ideas but I've no idea of the effort to implement them!

Use Bold/Italic to distinguish between text tools - leave size number as it (or perhaps format this number to show bold/italics)
Put a B or I underneath the size number
Perhaps use a slashed background to indicate transparent - you already use this to show "No fill" in the font dialog box
Draw a outline box around the size number when it is a white background; no box when it is transparent.

The above don't handle other font attributes i.e. left/centre/right aligned, opacity and border, thickness, line spacing, font and auto-size.

To be comprehensive, I think you would need to add a filter to the favourites dialog allowing the user to specify attributes they are interested in e.g. only show filled/not filled text favourites, bold/not bold, italic/not italic etc. Sounds tricky and messy.
I'm guessing that you really only envisaged users having a couple of favourites - and, for most users, what you have is probably ok for that.

Suggest the user use slightly different sizes e.g. odd for white background (25), even for transparent (24) - not great and they would need to remember what their convention was.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
@Mike:
Don't spend too much time on that request, there are more important featurese to be implemented.
> Are there really situations with the other tools where you have almost identical settings except for some setting that isn't obvious/noticeable in the favorites window?
By now I use favorites only for the text tool, but thinking about it and playing around a bit I think e.g. the marker tool might have the same problem. How about favorites per tool? PDF XChange  Viewer handles it like that.
> fewer favorites would be visible at once in the window (like only three rows instead of four) 
with fewer favorites per page it would become more important to be able to sort them (I think that has been requested somewhere else)
> limit the label to something like 7 characters 
I think I could live with 7 characters for a label. I would chose a really small font like the one for the font size but I would not change the font size dynamically. I would not force the user to set a label in any case. It is really great that setting a favorite is really fast the way it is currently implemented. For the text tool the default value for the label could be the font face (nothing) / b / i (for standard / bold / italic). Users that need more could edit the label later. I would not care about translating b / i to other languages.