• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half Page Turns on tall sheet music
Hi,

I am trying to learn MSP, and I apologize if this is already in the documentation somewhere.

I have a fairly large tablet (13.3 display), but some of the music I have to play is in tiny manuscript and 14" tall pages.  I'm trying to display the sheets in Landscape mode so I can get additional display width and do half page turns with my Bluetooth pedal.

The problem I'm running into is that the half page turn position button only allows selecting a top half and a bottom half, but the height of the pages I'm reading require a 3rd "half". In other words, I need 3 turns to cover the entire page.

Also, assuming there is a fix for that, I would prefer that once I turn the fractional parts of page 1 (1/3 at a time in my example), I would  prefer that the next page turn just take me to the beginning of page 2.

I hope that makes sense, and I do like the program very much !!
Have you tried vertical scrolling?
Thanks for your reply !!

Vertical scrolling is an option, but it's inconvenient for me to use a hand to scroll, I think the pedal has an option, but I don't want to always scroll, sometimes I only need this feature for a single page out of 4, depending on the page content.

Also, as I practice some of these pieces (which are quite difficult for me) I want the page "turn" to be in the same place every time so I can train my eyes where to look and I'm playing through a section and do a page turn.

As I understand it, scrolling will move to a different spot of the music every time, which could make it difficult for me to find my place.
Just to follow up - I figured out the problem.

I had the page set to "fit to width".  I changed it to "fit to Height" and now everything works as it should.

The more I learn about MSP the more I like it !!