• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove song from collection after playing it
Music 
Hey everyone,

I have a collection "camp fire songs" with about 100 songs. I use to choose a song from the collection when someone wants do sing a certain song or I have the feeling that this song would fit best now to the mood. After playing the song I return to the main collection view with all songs. After playing 20-30 songs it gets more diffucult to find the songs that I didn't already play.

I'd like to have a button "remove song from collection" which removes a song temporarily from the collection. Another button "reset songs from collection" would bring them back.

This would help me to only see the songs I didn't already play.

What do you think?

Many greetings from Germany
Martin
That will be difficult to implement with the current architecture. What other users have frequently asked for is the ability to color songs that have already been played with a way to reset these indicators. Would that work for what you want? Is it just about being able to clearly see what has already been played, or are you really wanting the ability to remove those songs from the collection temporarily so that they don't show up at all? 

Thanks,
Mike
You could select the collection, make a setlist from the collection, then play from the setlist. Each song you finish playing could be renumbered to the end of the setlist.
Sam

Surface Pro 7 with MSP
@samibe- I think the songs are in request order - not in the order they will be played (although I suppose the setlist could be in A-Z order)

The only thing I can think of is that you duplicate your collection of camp songs
  1. On the collections page, long press the "Camp Songs" and select copy (call it it something like " To Play" - note the leading space, puts it at top of collections making it easy to find).
  2. When performing, play from this " To Play" folder and not the original "Camp Songs" (Don't mix them up!)
  3. After playing each song, return to the selection screen, long press the song and select Remove.
  4. Before starting next session, either delete and recreate " To Play" or wipe it's contents and repopulate " To Play" by using the menus to "Add Songs To Collection"

While this isn't automatic, it only requires 2 keypresses to remove a song so it shouldn't be too onerous.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Hi Geoff,

thanks for your suggestion. I'll give it a try  Idea

If a had button "remove from collection and return to list" inside the song view that would be a good workaround.