• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup/Restore
Hello,

I am using now MS for a couple of months.
I started on my organ (has a pc build in) and on a tablet.
The orgen has 2 libraries:
Standard (with the organ music)
Trumpet (with my trumpet music)

On the tablet: (I know it's not smart but still)

standard (with my trumpet music)
Orgen (with my organ music)

Now is the problem:
If I make a backup on my organ (standard) and want to restore on the tablet in Organ lib the program restores in Standard lib.
So i lost all the files on my tablet in the standard lib.

The question:

How can I backup a file from and restore this file on a different pc in a lib with a different name??

Many thanks for the answer.

Regards,

René ter Woord
You must have the same libraries (names) on both devices before synchronizing. If you want to restore the organ library, it must be active on both devices.
It is enough to create an empty library named Organ and then synchronize it.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Hello,

thanks for the answer. It works as you told: I made all names of libraries the same and now I can backup and restore.

But the next problem came:

The backup is also restoring the filepath. and making that file path the default (only 1 path is possible I think) active.

So my organ pc has his data standard in C:\users\etc.
My tablet and my mainpc has the data on D:\Data\MobileSheet.

How to fix this problem??

I think the best way is during the restore asking if the program should restore to the original path or using the current path on the machine you are restoring to.

Please let me know.

Regards,

René
Make the trumpet folder and the organ folder subfolders of the MobileSheets Storage Location.
e.g.
MobileSheets\Trumpet
MobileSheets\Organ

Your tablet is also using Win10?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

As itsme has said, you are much better off using subdirectories under the storage location to store the files for the two libraries, because there can only be one storage location listed under Settings->Storage. You can't use a different storage location per library (the implementation details for this are complex but it boils down to a combination of the limitations with folder permissions combined with the way some of the code is architected, as it was only designed for a single library at the start). I am going to add an option in one of the next major updates to isolate storage for each library, but the only thing that is going to do is to create a subdirectory under the storage location for each library which is exactly what itsme has suggested, which is the best way to handle this.

Also, just to be clear, if you want to manage files this way, you need to import the files under the storage location to start with - you can't import the files first, then try to move them, otherwise you'll have to go to Settings->Other Settings->Fix Broken File Paths to repair the database which will be pointing to the wrong file paths.

Mike