• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
forScore Migration Discussion
Looks like a bug on Windows and iPadOS, but not on Android. MobileSheets is parsing the SourceType information out of the file correctly, but then not adding it to the database and song. I was studying the Android code when I first responded. I'll get this fixed for the next update. Sorry about that! 

Mike
(08-11-2023, 07:21 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Looks like a bug on Windows and iPadOS,  Sorry about that!

No worries Mike, it's all good. Plus, I'm learning a heck of a lot about metadata; which I am enjoying. Have a great evening!
Replying so I can subscribe to the thread.

I'd like to move over from forScore, but I have a lot of PDFs with annotations - it would be great if I could import the base PDF and PDF annotation layers separately and be able to continue amending the annotations in MobileSheets.
Annotations are going to be a problem, because I don't have access to information about how annotations are stored in forScore. It's a proprietary format (MobileSheets does this as well), so it won't be easy to unravel. I haven't had time to spend on this yet, but I don't have a sense yet for whether it will be possible to convert the annotation data or not. If you can export your annotations from forScore into the PDFs themselves, then you can manage those annotations in MobileSheets by enabling the "Allow editing of embedded PDF annotations" option in the annotations editor. Some of the functionality is unavailable when working with embedded PDF annotations though (as the PDF specification is more limited in what it supports). This all assumes that forScore is writing out the annotations as PDF annotations and not just permanently writing them into the page content stream (i.e. the page image itself).

Mike