• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just purchased MobileSheets -- now: about my Imac
In addition to my Ipad, my desktop happens to be an Imac, not Windows.  Is there a role for my Mac in the MobileSheets process?  (For example in transferring materials into MobileSheets and other tasks where they say "connect your Ipad to your desktop by...", etc.

I should have asked this before I shelled out the $15, my bad.  But anyway, any info much appreciated!!
You can run MobileSheets on MacOS if your Mac has an M1 or M2 processor. You can open the Apple App Store, search for MobileSheets, and if you've already purchased it, you won't have to pay again. However, the app store will act like it's going to charge you again - you have to go through the steps of purchasing, and then it will say, "This update is free" and just give it to you. I've contacted Apple about this, so hopefully it's something they will fix at some point. Once you have the app on your Mac, you can set up the library on that device and sync to your iPad if you prefer to work on the Mac. I can provide more information on this if needed.

If your Mac has an Intel processor, you won't be able to run MobileSheets unfortunately. 

Mike
(08-12-2023, 04:42 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You can run MobileSheets on MacOS if your Mac has an M1 or M2 processor. You can open the Apple App Store, search for MobileSheets, and if you've already purchased it, you won't have to pay again. However, the app store will act like it's going to charge you again - you have to go through the steps of purchasing, and then it will say, "This update is free" and just give it to you. I've contacted Apple about this, so hopefully it's something they will fix at some point. Once you have the app on your Mac, you can set up the library on that device and sync to your iPad if you prefer to work on the Mac. I can provide more information on this if needed.

If your Mac has an Intel processor, you won't be able to run MobileSheets unfortunately. 

Mike

It has an Intel i5 -- you really know how to hurt a guy!
The issue was brought up in this forum post: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...10156.html

The iPad version just runs normally on a M1 or M2 processor, but in order to support Intel processors, I'd have to release an entirely separate product and remove a number of features from the app due to a lack of support of Mac Catalyst with some of the third party libraries I utilize.

Mike