• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Google Drive access after activating 2FA
I activated two factor authentication on my Google account. Now I can't access my backups or sync folders on Google drive from within MSP. I always get a dialog to select my Google account and after that the "cannot access root" error.

It's the same in the InkPad version.
I'm not sure what could possibly be causing that, but I'd like you to do something. First backup your library to the device under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library (choose the Local File option). Then uninstall MobileSheets, and reinstall it. Then restore your library from the backup file and see if that resolves the Google Drive issue. If it does not, I'll have to run some tests to see if I can reproduce that issue with 2FA active. 

Mike
Unfortunately, that had no effect. Same error after restoring the library and trying to sync.
If it matters: I'm using a yubi key for 2FA
I just realized all of my Google accounts have two factor authentication enabled, and that has been the case since 2016. So it works perfectly fine for me with Google prompting through other tablets or through YouTube. I don't know what a yubi key is, so I'll have to look into that. I'm not sure why that would matter if you get past the authentication though. Given the error you are seeing, it's hard to say whether you are actually getting past the authentication step. 

Mike
Has anyone else tried this with a YubiKey? I need to know if anyone has had success with this.

Thanks,
Mike
Seems I'm the only one having this problem? Sad
Up to now only MSP can't access Google drive. I didn't encounter this problem with any other app.

Can I provide log files or something else to help investigating?
Send me an email at mike@zubersoft.com and I can create and send you a diagnostic build to get more information about what is failing with Google Drive. You can just install that build as an upgrade (so it doesn't require uninstalling/reinstalling or anything like that), and we can look at what is reported in the log file.

Thanks,
Mike
For anyone else that checks this forum post, in order to use YubiKey (and similar products), you have to turn on Advanced Protection for your Google account. This limits third party access to things like Google Drive. MobileSheets uses a sensitive scope in order to be able to access all Google Drive files and folders, so it is being denied access when Advanced Protection is turned on. As far as I can see, there is no way around this. You would have to use Import->System File Browser and go through the Google Drive app if you need to have "Advanced Protection" enabled.

Mike