• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
laptop extenders?
For work purposes, I've been looking into extra monitors to connect to my laptop.  This led me to a category called "laptop extenders."  I think there are multiple products on the market.

Here is one:   SideTrak Swivel Portable Monitor 12.5" | Portable Monitor | SideTrak

I am wondering whether this might be a nice solution to my quest for a setup where I can use Mobile Sheets to display 2 pages in a truly readable form.  Currently, I use MS on a Surface Pro, which is great for portrait view but a bit too small for me to see 2 pages at a time.

Anyone have an opinion about these kinds of extenders (in terms of how they would work with MS)?
I can't say anything about the extenders, but have you considered a second tablet (doesn't need to be a second surface, a cheaper tablet that's big enough for you will do) in book mode?
(08-16-2023, 04:44 AM)BRX Wrote: I can't say anything about the extenders, but have you considered a second tablet (doesn't need to be a second surface, a cheaper tablet that's big enough for you will do) in book mode?

Not recently.  I've been assuming that a second tablet - of an appropriate size - would be more expensive than a second screen, like one of the extenders.  Also for me, I might have a work need for an extender anyway.
For the same money, you can get a 14.1” android tablet recently recommended in another thread and just run Spacedesk app to use as a screen extender or run full blown Mobile Sheets app. Bonus is SpaceDesk works wired or wireless.