• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Companion v3.2.0 crashes when pre-viewing any PDF
hi,

since the last update to v3.2.0 I encounter a consistent crash of MS companion on my win10 PC:
I connect to MS on iOS tablet (MS version 3.8.12), then I klick on any sheet i have --> Edit menu --> click on "Files" tab --> crash after 1-2 sec of showing the "busy" symbol where usually the pdf or jpg is coming up, see screenshot.
The iOS tablet states "Verbindung verloren".
So currently I'm not able to replace my PDFs with a newer version, my original intent...

Any idea how to fix this? Or anyone having a similar issue?

Cheers,
Chris

It may be worth uninstalling the companion app and reinstalling it. What you have described sounds like some of the files needed to read the PDF are corrupted or missing. If this happens with every PDF, that would make sense. If it's also happening with jpg files, then that is a little more strange. In that case, I may need you to backup your library and share it with mike@zubersoft.com so I can test this out with the companion app to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing. I just tested the companion app with my iPad and I can edit songs and see the PDFs without any issues.

Thanks,
Mike
(08-17-2023, 06:18 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It may be worth uninstalling the companion app and reinstalling it. What you have described sounds like some of the files needed to read the PDF are corrupted or missing. If this happens with every PDF, that would make sense. If it's also happening with jpg files, then that is a little more strange. In that case, I may need you to backup your library and share it with mike@zubersoft.com so I can test this out with the companion app to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing. I just tested the companion app with my iPad and I can edit songs and see the PDFs without any issues.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike for this hint, uninstalling and reinstalling did the job, all working fine again.
Great app, love using it since years ;-)

Cheers, Chris
I'm glad to hear that! Simple fixes are always the best Smile

Mike