• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-finger tap
Hello,
I can't figure out why 3-finger tap doesn't get detected. I've tried both on a realme GT2 phone and a Xiaomi Pad 6 tablet but on both nothing happens when doing a three finger tap. I've disabled system gestures for 3-finger tap&hold screenshot.
Any idea?
Thanks and regards,
Matej
If you go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions, what action do you have assigned to the three finger tap?

Mike
(08-19-2023, 09:32 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions, what action do you have assigned to the three finger tap?

Mike

Primary goal would be to Annotate Song, but I've tried several others as well, such as Start/Stop Metronome, Go to Next Song, Toggle Night Mode, Reset Pan and Zoom, Show Notes, Create Snippet.
Nothing happens on 3-finger tap. If I enable Show taps under Android Debug settings, I can see the 3 touch points on the screen.
thanks and regards,
Matej
Well that's very strange. I know it doesn't work on some tablets because they won't report three touch events at once through Google's SDK. However, on most devices I've tested on it, it works fine. There isn't a standard "three finger tap" type gesture in Google's framework. I had to implement custom gesture detection to handle this and ensure that it doesn't conflict with two finger gestures like zooming. The three finger tap does require that you don't move your fingers much between the touch down and touch up position. If you are using your finger tips and it doesn't work (versus the pads of your fingers), then something very strange is happening. I can work with you to test a build that writes out information about all of the touch events so we can understand what is happening, but short of that, there isn't a simple way to resolve this as it works fine on the 8+ Android tablets I've tested on.

Mike
(08-22-2023, 04:11 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Well that's very strange. I know it doesn't work on some tablets because they won't report three touch events at once through Google's SDK. However, on most devices I've tested on it, it works fine. There isn't a standard "three finger tap" type gesture in Google's framework. I had to implement custom gesture detection to handle this and ensure that it doesn't conflict with two finger gestures like zooming. The three finger tap does require that you don't move your fingers much between the touch down and touch up position. If you are using your finger tips and it doesn't work (versus the pads of your fingers), then something very strange is happening. I can work with you to test a build that writes out information about all of the touch events so we can understand what is happening, but short of that, there isn't a simple way to resolve this as it works fine on the 8+ Android tablets I've tested on.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for response. Yes please if you could send me a build with possible debug I can send the info back to you...
Regards,
Matej
I have emailed a build to the email address you use with the forum.

Mike
For anyone that encounters this post, the problem was that some devices default to using three finger taps for triggering features in the operating system, such as taking a screenshot. If you find that you cannot perform a three finger gesture in MobileSheets, check your device settings to see if a three finger gesture is being used by the operating system for something else.

Mike
As Michael said, the MIUI for tablets and the realme OS for the phone have multiple three finger gestures on their own that interfere with apps detection of three finger taps.

The most obvious one is the three finger screenshot which can be disabled in settings.

Realme OS has a hidden menu I could only find by specifically searching for e.g. 3 (as in number three) in android settings.

MIUI for tablets however has some three finger swipe gestures for splitting screen that I just couldn't find a way to disable it.

In case someone else is having similar issues...

Regards,
Matej