• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AirTurn Foot Pedal
I have an AirTurn 105 foot pedal that I use to turn pages that was working great until I updated yesterday to the most recent version of MobileSheets Pro. I didn't realize it until today that it no longer works to change pages. I checked the settings in MobileSheets and they are correct, the pedal is connected via BlueTooth, as are my two tablets that work together for a two page view, but I can no longer get the foot pedal to be recognized by MobileSheets.

Have you stopped support for this foot pedal? Is it possible to return to an older version of MobileSheets if so?

Thanks,
Maris
Try unpairing and re-pairing the devices? 

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(08-26-2023, 06:16 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Try unpairing and re-pairing the devices? 

Geoff

Thanks for the reply, Geoff.

I tried that first. Also turned off everything and back on again, but while the AirTurn connects to BT same as always, Mobile Sheets no longer seems to recognize it. I even tried resetting what the pedals do in the MS settings, but that didn't help either.

Maris
I have certainly not dropped support for any pedals. Most pedals act as a computer keyboard and MobileSheets does not communicate with the pedal directly at all - it just listens for key press notifications. So if the pedal has stopped functioning in MobileSheets, it either means something is wrong with the pedal action configuration or the OS isn't delivering the key press notifications from the pedal. Go through the usual steps first to verify whether or not the pedal is communicating properly with the device:

1) Load MobileSheets, tap the three dots at the top right and then Settings. Also put the pedal in mode 3 so that it sends page up/page down.
2) Tap Touch & Pedal Settings and then Pedal Actions
3) Tap the "Keys" field for Pedal 1.
4) Tap the "Clear" button on the dialog.
5) Press a pedal switch. If a key shows up, the pedal is communicating properly with your device and will work with MobileSheets. If it does not, the pedal is not communicating properly with your device.
6) If a key shows up, tap OK, then select the action you want that pedal to trigger from the dropdown below the keys field. Repeat these steps for pedal 2.

Let me know if the pedal continues not to work. You can test the pedal outside MobileSheets by opening a web browser, visiting a page that can be scrolled and pressing the pedal to send the "page down" key. If nothing happens, that means there is a problem between the pedal and the OS. You may need to install the AirTurn Manager App on your device, connect it to the pedal and see if there are any firmware updates available.

Mike
Success!!!  Smile Smile

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I didn't know about the clear option. After a restart it is all working again.

Maris
I spent some time experimenting with the different key/pedal options, but could not figure out how to get my pedal to move around in the library and select a song. Is there a way to do this? Right now, my pedals are (1) - next song/page down; (2) previous song/page up; (3) turn metronome on and off; (4) return to library.

I don't fully understand the meaning of some of the key/pedal choices (parameters).

The pedal commands I have are all useful, but I sort of wanted to be able select a song in the library. I think the problem is that I could not determine a way to get a pedal to select the "enter" or "mouse click" key. 

Thanks!
So I do believe you can use the down arrow key command along with enter to move through the lists on the library screen and load a song or setlist from the list. I haven't tested this on Android in a while, but I know for certain it works on Windows and iPadOS. If your pedal doesn't have a way to send the "enter" key, then that would be a problem.

Mike
(09-12-2023, 03:45 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: So I do believe you can use the down arrow key command along with enter to move through the lists on the library screen and load a song or setlist from the list. I haven't tested this on Android in a while, but I know for certain it works on Windows and iPadOS. If your pedal doesn't have a way to send the "enter" key, then that would be a problem.

Mike

I think it is that I don't see which action in the dropdown list of assignments that would constitute "enter". Unless perhaps just the "enter" key rather than a dropdown action, and I don't think I explicitly tried that ... so I will. (I guess I would press enter on the keyboard to get that "action" to register along with the specific pedal ...)
Yes, you need to send the enter key. There is no explicit action in MobileSheets for this.

Mike
(09-13-2023, 02:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Yes, you need to send the enter key. There is no explicit action in MobileSheets for this.

Mike

I may incorrectly understand how this works. I thought the pedals send "pedal 1" "pedal 2" (etc.) signals that are then routed by the assignments made in the settings. With this approach, I ended up with 4 different actions, one for each pedal. So, it appears you are saying that a particular pedal may in fact send "enter" or "page up" "page down" as it's actual pedal signal. I will have to revisit the instructions that came with the pedal.
The pedal actions are really nothing more than keyboard shortcuts. The pedal sends a key command like "left arrow" or "page down", and when MobileSheets receives the key press event, it looks for any actions tied to that key. If you use a pedal that sends "page down" with a web browser, for example, you can scroll down through a web page. That is why if the pedal sends the "enter" key, it will load the currently selected entry on the library screen, because that's the default behavior for that list component when enter is pressed. If you plugged in a computer keyboard instead of a pedal, it would trigger the pedal actions in the exact same way.

Mike