• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OneDrive Import path with „shared with me“ folder
Hi Mike,

Since one of the latest updates there is a Problem with the folder structure when using Shared folders.
The „shared with me“ folder is handled as root and there is no possibility to go up to the real root folder. I saw the same issue a few weeks ago at the windows version.
Can you please take a look at it?

Regards,
Stephan
I can't seem to reproduce that problem. Please provide the exact list of steps I'll need to take (which feature you are accessing, which folders under OneDrive, etc) and I'll see if I can reproduce it using that information. I tried importing a PDF from the root of the "Shared with Me" folder, then imported again and was still able to get back to the root folder. I imported a file from within a folder under "Shared with Me", and when I imported again, I was still able to get back to the root folder. So I haven't found a scenario yet where I can't get back to the root folder. If you tap the three dots at the top right and tap "Home", I imagine that should get you back to the root regardless of what folder you are in.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I will try to show you the way to reproduce.
First of all: I am using the E-Ink edition. With the "Home" Button I now have to possibility to really go back to root. Thanks for that.

1. Import -> OneDrive
2. "Home" your directory path
3. Open "Shared with me" and navigate to the file you want to import, select it and press okay. (at the top you can see "Root -> Shared with me -> Subfolder")
4. Go to Import -> OneDrive again
5. You are within your last selected folder (But at the top you can just see "Root -> Subfolder" [Shared with me is missing])

I hope you can reproduce it with this guide. Otherwise I can create a short video for you.
But with the "workaround" to use the "Home" Button, I am nearly fine Wink

Regards and thanks for your great support,
Stephan
With the latest build of version 3.8.13, I cannot reproduce the issue on my Samsung Tab S4. If I follow your exact steps, I see "Root->Shared with me->Subfolder" on step #5. Can you verify you've downloaded the latest update through Google Play? The small update I pushed out does not bump the version number.

Mike
I am using the Fastspring Version. I will recheck today, if there is an update and if it is working

Thanks in advance,
Stephan
I updated to the latest version. But unfortunately the same result.
I also tried to first change the latest folder to one outside of "shared with me". But after opening a file inside of "shared with me" and try to import a new one, the "shared with me" folder is missing in the folder structure.

I am using the Fastspring EInk Edition.

Regards,
Stephan

edit: I am really confused now. I did a new try with a complete new folder in "shared with me" and there everything seems to be fine. I do not know, what the problem is. I will troubleshoot a bit with my backup tablet and do a clean install. Will come back to you.
Also "clear library" and "Reset Settings to Default" does not fix the issue.
Another strange thing. I created a completely new OneDrive User and shared the same folder. And the "shared with me" is also missing for the new user. I am not sure, what I can do
Any chance you can share the folder you are importing from with mike@zubersoft.com? I can then try to import from that same folder and see if I encounter the same problem. Based on what you've said, it sounds like the issue may be specific to that folder and it may be causing some kind of internal issue in the MobileSheets code. I think it's important to note that the "Shared with Me" folder is handled in a very weird way because there doesn't really exist a folder like that. I have to use a completely separate method to query for shared files/folders and make those accessible. The "Shared with me" folder is really just an instruction to MobileSheets to use that different mechanism to query for shared files/folders instead of trying to treat it as a normal folder. If the shared folder is a folder that exists both under the root of your account and under "Shared with me", that may do some strange things because when I query for the parent of the folder, it's going to return the root folder (which is correct), not the "Shared with me" folder. When the last accessed folder is a shared folder that doesn't exist under the root, the "parent" folder doesn't exist for the active OneDrive account (as it's owned by another user's account), so then I add "Shared with me" as the parent so that it all works as expected.

Mike
I found a way to reproduce it.
The shared folder has to be a subfolder.
I mean, not a subfolder in the share but the share itself is a subfolder of the sharer. Hope I made it clear.
Otherwise let's do it per Mail

Regards,
Stephan
Thank you - I do see the problem when testing with a shared subfolder. I'll investigate to see what is happening.

Mike
I finally was able to track down the issue with your help - thank you so much for working with me on this. The problem is that the logic tries to obtain the parent folder of the shared folder, the OneDrive library correctly throws an error because you don't have rights to access that folder, but then my code treats it like there is no parent at all (which is why only "root" is shown). I needed to add some extra code when an error is thrown like this to see if the folder is a shared folder, and if so, set the parent as the "Shared with me" folder. The fix will be included with the next update which will most likely be released early next week.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Perfect. This is really a special case and I know that you can‘t Test all cases. It was fun to debug.
Thanks for fixing.

Stephan
Hi Mike,

the latest version fixed that issue.
Thanks for this update.

Regards,
Stephan
I'm really glad to hear that - you are very welcome and thanks again for your help.

Mike