• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does there come a time when you should stop updating MS & Google?
I have a Pro12, originally from Walmart, sometimes goes by RCA brand.  Anyway, it works fine for my purposes.  It is android version 6.0.  The MobileSheets version I am using is 3.3.7.  Google app is 12.48.23.23.arm64.  I use it almost exclusively for MobilleSheets.   Does there come a time when I'd be better off not to update one or the other?

At the same time I also use a Lenovo 10.1 os 11 or 12.  Will there be any problem swapping MS data from one to the other if the Lenovo is up to date and different from the Pro12?
If you are using version 3.3.7 of MobileSheets, that is very out-of-date, as the latest version is 3.8.13. It's fine to stick on an older version if you want, but over time, you may encounter issues potentially with cloud services or due to changes to the operating system. If you also don't update the OS, then you should be relatively safe to stick on whatever version you want.

I don't think there are any issues moving MobileSheets data between those two devices as long as you are running the same version of MobileSheets on both (you can check this under Settings->About).

Mike
(08-28-2023, 07:30 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you are using version 3.3.7 of MobileSheets, that is very out-of-date, as the latest version is 3.8.13. It's fine to stick on an older version if you want, but over time, you may encounter issues potentially with cloud services or due to changes to the operating system. If you also don't update the OS, then you should be relatively safe to stick on whatever version you want.

I don't think there are any issues moving MobileSheets data between those two devices as long as you are running the same version of MobileSheets on both (you can check this under Settings->About).

Mike

I see my lenovo is os 10.  MS is 3-8-13.  Google is 14.33.12-28.arm64.  I don't use a cloud service for this.  I don't think either tablet can be updated, the pro12 for sure.  I'm beginning to think maybe it would be safe to update MS and Google on both?
Yes, it should be safe.

Mike
So, it turns out after trying a number of times I can't update Google app.  Wondering if it is safe to just update MS or better off leaving it as is?
It should be perfectly fine to update MobileSheets if you want to get all of the fixes (and enhancements) that have been released over time.

Mike
(08-28-2023, 07:11 AM)lanco Wrote: I have a Pro12, originally from Walmart, sometimes goes by RCA brand.  Anyway, it works fine for my purposes.  It is android version 6.0.  The MobileSheets version I am using is 3.3.7.  Google app is 12.48.23.23.arm64.  I use it almost exclusively for MobilleSheets.   Does there come a time when I'd be better off not to update one or the other?

At the same time I also use a Lenovo 10.1 os 11 or 12.  Will there be any problem swapping MS data from one to the other if the Lenovo is up to date and different from the Pro12?

I use several RCA Pro12s. (Some bought new, some refurbished, some used).

I never updated Android on it.

I always install updates of Mobilesheets and I have updated the Play Store App.

That seems to work for me.

Jeff