• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tapping to turn page fails
Following a recent ChromeOS update, I have had trouble tapping to turn pages in tablet mode on my Acer Spin 713.  Tapping on the left side of the page usually works, but tapping on the right side usually doesn't. It sometimes takes 3 or 4 taps before MobileSheets responds.  I'm guessing this is a Chrome issue, but I'd like to know if it could be related to something in MobileSheets before I wipe the Chromebook and start over.
I assume that you are tapping to change pages - try swiping instead.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(08-29-2023, 06:02 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: I assume that you are tapping to change pages - try swiping instead.

Geoff

Yes, I am tapping to turn pages (as it says in the subject). I appreciate your suggestion, but it won't work.  Swiping takes a lot longer than tapping, and sometimes there isn't time. In a fast passage, I tap as quickly as I can with whichever hand is free.  Tapping used to work flawlessly, and now it doesn't.
I released a small update to help address this issue. Please see if the update is available for you, and if so, if it addresses the issues you've been having with tapping to turn pages.

Thanks,
Mike
The tapping/page turn issue is completely resolved.  Unfortunately, there is a new one.  I played from MobileSheets for about an hour this afternoon, and 3 times it closed the piece I was using and returned to the main screen.  I was not turning a page at the time, nor doing anything else except looking at it.  This has happened sporadically before, but 3 times in one hour is a big change.
I'm going to need more to go on than that, as no other users have reported that issue yet, and I haven't seen that on any of my devices. What type of device are you using? If you reboot the device, how easily can you reproduce this problem? Does it happen with every song and/or setlist you've tested it with? What steps will I need to take to reproduce the problem? 

The changes I made were quite minimal and should have had no impact on anything outside of flings on the sides of pages. So I don't believe that would have caused MobileSheets to unexpected switch back to the library screen. I have heard of that happening when users have a 4G/5G SIM card in their tablet. Do you have that in yours? If you remove it, does the problem go away?

Thanks,
Mike
(08-30-2023, 05:50 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm going to need more to go on than that, as no other users have reported that issue yet, and I haven't seen that on any of my devices. What type of device are you using? If you reboot the device, how easily can you reproduce this problem? Does it happen with every song and/or setlist you've tested it with? What steps will I need to take to reproduce the problem? 

The changes I made were quite minimal and should have had no impact on anything outside of flings on the sides of pages. So I don't believe that would have caused MobileSheets to unexpected switch back to the library screen. I have heard of that happening when users have a 4G/5G SIM card in their tablet. Do you have that in yours? If you remove it, does the problem go away?

Thanks,
Mike

No, I don't have a SIM card in that tablet. However, yesterday when I practiced, I had my tablet connected to my phone via the "cellular connection" (as opposed to a Wi-Fi connection to a hot spot on the phone). I believe ChromeOS sees this type of connection as identical to a connection established with an internal SIM card. It is rare that I use this type of connection at the same time I am using MobileSheets, so that might explain what happened yesterday and why I have only seen this behavior rarely.  I'm impressed that you were able to figure out the connection to a specific type of network connection!
Keep me posted if you encounter the problems at all in the future. Hopefully the issue was just due to that connection then.

Mike