• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion Make You Think Still Transferring To Tablet
Today I loaded a song into the Companion and let it wirelessly send it to the tablet. Seem to work fine. Cool!

But, the display was somewhat confusing.

When I did a batch import of songs into the Companion while it was connected (wirelessly) to my tablet, it gave a message that it was transferring to the tablet and then it was successful (or something like that).

BUT, the scanning type signal did not stop. From looking at the disply on the Companion, it made me think that is was still transferring something between the computer and the tablet. (I think this might have gone on infinitely).

I just hit "ok" and all was well (I think the graphic of transferring/scanning might have stopped), but I think the Companion display should be more clear when it has completed syncing with the tablet.

I hope this makes sense. (I hope this type of post is helpful, rather than annoying, Mike). It goes without saying the software is great (but might as well say it again).
You're right - that is exactly how it behaves and I agree, it is a little confusing. Caught me out the first time I used it.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Yes, it is confusing. Early on I made the mistake of shutting down the tablet while the transfer was apparently still in progress and wiped out my entire database. Fortunately I had a backup. This was several revisions ago and may no longer be a problem but I'm not willing to test that theory. I just walk away and give the tablet plenty of time to finish.
Tablet: dopo EM63 w/Android 4.2.2
Pedal: Tatoo pedal wired through the usb interface board from a busted keyboard and connected using an OTG cable.
Mount: Manos Mount on a sawed off tripod mic stand.
Hey there , I am not sure about the companion ,I have my tablet (Samsung tab 2 10.1 ) synced and it appears on the computer , I do the necessary pressing of logos etc from mobile sheet and use the wireless selection ( I have used both wireless and usb ) and go to companion , I then select either wireless or usb and the companion states that it is ready "GREAT " All I have to do now is go to file and select batch or whatever and away we go ......well that's what I thought but alas NO '''' the indicator states that files are being sent to android , the lights are flashing but no songs are being transferred , the little sign tells me 0 songs are being sent YET THE DAMNED GREEN LIGHT IS SHOWING THEY ARE GOING SOMEWHERE........I've looked on the floor under my computer but no they are not there either ......so if there not in mobile sheet somebody must be getting a heck of a lot of sheet music......................
(01-10-2014, 01:18 PM)jim Wrote: somebody must be getting a heck of a lot of sheet music......................

Send it to me, save me a lot of scanning Smile .

Seriously, I'm sure Mike will pick up on this and sort it out - he's very good at responding to problems.
Graeme

Some of my music here
I worked with Jim through email - I believe the problem was that he was trying to import HTML files directly into the companion app, which isn't supported. It's possible to save HTML pages to PDF in Google Chrome for free though, which is my suggestion for any user that runs into this.

Mike
But that has nothing to do with the problem posted by Jeffn1 - which I can confirm happens.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Yes, I have not had time to work on the companion app, as I've been trying to finish v5 up on the tablet side. I'm going to have to do a ton of work to make the companion compatible with version 5...
No panic. Better to take a bit of time and get it right than issue something with bugs.

I think we appreciate the work you do on our behalf. Many thanks are due.
Graeme

Some of my music here