• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song Notes Issue
It seems like the Song Note for a song will not pop up if I also have a Set List Note for that song, even though I am selecting that I want to display Song Note and not the Set List Note.

Actually the problem persists even when I delete all the text in the Set list Note window for that song (as well as unchecking the box to display the Set List note).

Jeff
Ahh, reading through the prior thread makes me thing all I had to do was exit out of the set list (after changing what I wanted displayed to song notes) and then go back into the setlist.  

It looks like then, the song notes should show. 

I'll try that next time.

Jeff
Let me know if there is a problem that needs fixing there. Is the issue that, even after you've removed the setlist notes for a song, that you can't get the song notes to display until you've reloaded the setlist?

Thanks,
Mike
(09-06-2023, 11:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Let me know if there is a problem that needs fixing there. Is the issue that, even after you've removed the setlist notes for a song, that you can't get the song notes to display until you've reloaded the setlist?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes, I believe that is the case. I can double check.

I do think that it would make sense (and help me) to allow Song Notes to be accessible even if the song is in a set list.  I don't see a downside.  You get to pick whether you want to display a Set List Note or the Song Note  for each song (I guess picking one would undo the display of other if it had been checked.)

Disclaimer:  I might not understand this feature fully.

Jeff
So I think there is a misunderstanding here - you can't define both song notes and setlist notes but then choose to display song notes. That's not how the feature works - setlist notes will always be shown. When you switch the toggle on the dialog, you are not choosing which notes to display - you are just configuring either the song notes (which are shown when the song is loaded by itself not in a setlist), or the setlist notes for the current setlist. I defined both song and setlist notes, then deleted the setlist notes, and just the song notes were shown, so it's working as designed.

Having said all that, some users have asked for a toggle to allow both song and setlist notes to be shown at once. So that's something I'm going to support soon.

Mike
(11-29-2023, 04:31 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: So I think there is a misunderstanding here - you can't define both song notes and setlist notes but then choose to display song notes. That's not how the feature works - setlist notes will always be shown. When you switch the toggle on the dialog, you are not choosing which notes to display - you are just configuring either the song notes (which are shown when the song is loaded by itself not in a setlist), or the setlist notes for the current setlist. I defined both song and setlist notes, then deleted the setlist notes, and just the song notes were shown, so it's working as designed.

Having said all that, some users have asked for a toggle to allow both song and setlist notes to be shown at once. So that's something I'm going to support soon.

Mike

Just to explain my preference...

I like to have a certain type of note already in the system under "Song Notes" (so I do not have to re-input every gig).  This is pretty much a standard reminder/nag I will probably need for those songs (songs where I use internal hardware keyboard sounds...to remind me to clear Gig Performer).

So, for my use case, I would like to have the song list notes always in the system.  But, be able to choose to use that (when I set it to display that), or to show setlist notes (or maybe nothing). (Of course, if there is an option to show setlist notes and song notes at the same time, that is fine too).

Of course, I am just one user and I have no idea how the programming works (although you explained it).  So, I do not expect that every tiny preference I have will be implemented.  But, I figured I might as well explain my use case. 

Thanks, as always for a great program (at a more than reasonable price point!) and great support.