• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crash when trying to sync
i usually sync from my windows pc app to my android tablets before rehearsal, since i practice (trumpet) on my windows app on a big screen in my man cave. it's always worked with wifi (if i turn off the vpn) or with bluetooth if i keep the vpn on. it's not working today. i rebooted the windows pc, but that didn't produce any better results.

help!

- tom
Hello Tom,

Is the Windows version of MobileSheets crashing, or is the Android version crashing? Does the crash occur immediately when accessing the sync library feature, or only after the sync has started? Does the sync get to a specific point each time and then crash, or is it random?

Thanks,
Mike
(09-21-2023, 08:25 PM)frenchingermany Wrote: i usually sync from my windows pc app to my android tablets before rehearsal, since i practice (trumpet) on my windows app on a big screen in my man cave. it's always worked with wifi (if i turn off the vpn) or with bluetooth if i keep the vpn on. it's not working today. i rebooted the windows pc, but that didn't produce any better results.

help!

- tom
the windows pc app crashes. it opens but crashes or freezes when i try to activate a button (i.e. change bluetooth to wifi or initiate a server)
Another user had a similar issue recently. Can you please try going to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState using a Windows file explorer window, delete sync_devices_settings.xml, then restart MobileSheets and try synchronizing again? I'd like to know if that resolves the crash.

Thanks,
Mike
yes, that worked, just in time for rehearsal.

thanks!

- tom
Please send the file you deleted to mike@zubersoft.com if you can, as I'd like to test with it. I'm still not able to reproduce any crashes on the sync screen in the Windows version.

Thanks,
Mike