• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback wanted: removing dark theme in e-ink version
I'm looking for some feedback as I'm considering removing the "Use Dark Theme" setting from the e-ink version, as I don't believe it really makes sense. It is much harder to read white on black text on an e-ink device (the caption is almost unreadable at lower DPI values), and you generally don't want to have large dark sections on the screen as it will increase ghosting and artifacts as you are scrolling through lists and such. I'm also considering changing the logic so that enabling night mode does not invert the colors on the library screen either. Will any users be upset if I make this change? 

Thanks,
Mike
I am using the EInk Version but for me it was never an Option to change to the „dark Mode“
So I am fine with deleting that option
Thanks for the feedback. It looks like it will probably be fine to remove it as not many users are responding.

Mike
Can you "hide" it to see if anyone complains?

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
If I get a lot of users complaining, I can revert the change fairly easily, so that's not too much of a concern. I'd definitely like to hear explanations for why it is needed on an e-ink device though...

Mike
I just gave the dark theme a go for the first time. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting - legible enough and ghosting wasn't bad enough to affect the legibility. Tried it under low light and bright light and it doesn't seem to be as good as the normal theme in any setting. I can't see a need for it and wouldn't miss it.