• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using Mobile Sheets as a simple PDF reader
Hey,

First of all, thank you so much for fixing the finger scrolling on iOS. It behaves much more like a native app! So smooth now.

The only thing keeping me on Piascore at this point is the way in which I can open sheet music from outside the app. I like to use a dedicated app for database management (Logseq: PKM app). Piascore is capable of acting like a PDF viewer and automatically opens the original instance of the document when it recognizes a duplicate. I can see that Mobile Sheets recognized duplicates but can you make it so that it opens the original document when trying to import a duplicate instead of juste getting a popup informing me that there’s already another instance in the library? Can you make a small tweak on your end so that I can use Mobile Sheets as a PDF viewer without having to go through the whole importing process every time I’m trying to open the same score from outside the app, as I like to use a dedicated app for database management? I’d love to be able to use all the wonderful annotations and navigation features, which is frankly lacking in Piascore.

Thank you! Keep up the good work. The app is getting better and better by the day.

Matthieu
Hello Matthieu,

I want to still be able to support opening files externally to import them into MobileSheets, but I'm not opposed to modifying the code so that if the file being imported exactly matches a file already in the library, the song for that file is loaded instead. 

Mike
(10-10-2023, 02:49 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Matthieu,

I want to still be able to support opening files externally to import them into MobileSheets, but I'm not opposed to modifying the code so that if the file being imported exactly matches a file already in the library, the song for that file is loaded instead. 

Mike

Hello Mike!

That would be awesome indeed! Simply loading the file which matches the duplicate, no questions asked. You would only go through the import process for new files which are not already in the library.

Matthieu
Hey Mike!

Would you mind letting me know if you ever get to it. I’ll transfer everything to Mobile Sheets as soon as it’s done. No pressure. I’m sure you have other priorities. Thank you.
The changes for this are all done already and tested. So this will be included when the next update is released. I'm trying to get the update finished this week, but it may have to wait until Monday if I can't get things finished by tomorrow.

Mike
(10-12-2023, 03:09 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The changes for this are all done already and tested. So this will be included when the next update is released. I'm trying to get the update finished this week, but it may have to wait until Monday if I can't get things finished by tomorrow.

Mike

Thank you so much Mike, you’re the best! Hopefully one day, you can afford expanding your team so that you’re not doing all of this by yourself.

Matthieu