• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylus responds very slow
I have Mobile Sheets Pro on an Onyx Boox Max2.  I just uploaded and update and it has messed up a lot of things.  Mainly when I try to use the "pen" or "pencil" mode, either the stylus or the app itself responds very slowly freezing the screen and making it impossible to do anything except reboot it. is this a bug or a setting.
Stylus or app not responding immediately when try to write with pencil/pen icon.  Eventually makes the mark, but whole Onyx Boox Max 2 freezes up while waiting for it to complete the job.
That's definitely very concerning. Did you update the firmware on the device? If not, definitely do that. You may also want to try backing up your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, uninstall MobileSheets, reinstall it, restore the backup and see if that has any impact on the issue. If it does not, you may want to free your license under Settings->About->Deauthenticate License, factory reset your tablet, reinstall MobileSheets, restore the backup and see if that fixes it. I'm not sure what else to suggest as no other users are reporting this and I don't experience it on either of my BOOX tablets.

Mike
Ok, I BACKED UP THE LIBRARY, UNINSTALLED MOBILESHEETS, REINSTALLED IT, BUT NOW IT IS ASKING FOR MY LICENSE KEY   Undecided Huh I DONT KNOW WHAT MY LICENSE KEY IS OR HOW TO FIND IT.  HELP!!!!!
I will email the license key to you.
I backed up the library before I uninstalled Mobile Sheets pro and reinstalled Mobile Sheets Pro.  Now when trying to restore the backup, i get an error message telling me that the file is not valid.  What can I do now?
I'm not sure what's happening there, but there are a couple of things you can do:

1) You can send the file to mike@zubersoft.com (you may have to upload it to Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive and share a link due to file size limits with emails) and I can take a look at it
2) You can try using the free companion app to restore the backup file from your PC (let me know if you want more information on this).
3) I'm not sure where you placed the backup file (is it in the local storage of the device), if it's on an SD card or something, you can try moving it to the internal storage. You should also try rebooting the device just to ensure no files are locked.

Mike
Mike,  I really appreciate your personal attention to my dilemma.  I am kinda new to Music Sheets Pro and the Onxy Boox Max 2.  Even though we purchased it about 3 years ago, I set it up for my husband who uses it for piano music when playing at an upscale restaurant.  I basically taught myself what i know using the manuals and online forums.  I can't figure out how to do either of the 3 suggestions you made.  I did place the backup file on an SD card I guess, but don't know how to move it out of the SD card, let alone move it to internal storage.
Also,  since the "update" that has caused all of these issues, my computer, nor my husband's computer recognizes the ONYX Boox when it is plugged into either of them. So I can't communicate with the Onyx to download or upload anything from/to our computers.
When you select Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup, and then tap the folder icon, what folder path is shown in the MobileSheets file browser? Is it something like /storage/emulated/0/Downloads, or is it something that starts with /storage/XXXX-XXXX/ where the X's are letters between A-F and numbers? That will tell us whether you saved it in the internal storage or on an SD card.

If you can't copy files off the tablet, that's definitely going to make it difficult to try the companion app. You can use an app like the OneDrive or Google Drive app to upload the .msb file though, and then on your computer, you can log into whichever cloud service you used, right-click the file, select Share, make it available to everyone, and then send the link to mike@zubersoft.com.

Mike
So, Mike, I have an answer to a question you asked:  the   backup is stored on an SD card I guess the path is /sdcard/MobileSheets_2023-10-17.msb  
I have a question: is 2.8.6 an updated version of MobileSheets?
No, that is a very out-of-date version. The latest version is 3.8.14. Did you make sure to download the latest installer off my server? Let me know if you need the link to the installer to download and I can email it to you. It's the same link that you received after purchasing.

That does look like an SD card path. Can you use the file manager app on the device to move your SD card file to something like the downloads folder in the internal storage and try to restore from that location. I just want to rule out any issues related to the SD card.

Mike
So, do I need the installer in order to install the backup file?  Yes please email it to me.  I can try using the file manager to move the backup from the SD card to internal storage.
I've emailed the installer link to you.

Mike
So Mike,  the ONYX Boox Max 2 we have is now frozen.  I'm starting to think the whole set of issues is with the tablet, not the Mobile Sheets app.  I really appreciate all the help you tried to give me.  For now, we are on hold.