• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chance for iOS support?
I mainly use Mobilesheets on an Android tablet, but I love that I can have it installed on my Android phone and have my sheets available for travel in a pinch. It's also nice to have the redundant device for db backup.

But it seems the iOS version of Mobilesheets is only for iPadOS. Is there any chance of having an i(phone)OS version? Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, I tried searching and didn't find anything.
The iPhone version is coming - just haven't been able to finish some of the last remaining work on it. I'm juggling several large efforts at the same time right now:

1) A redesigned page ordering UI and lots more features when managing PDFs (and options to convert other files to PDFs). This is mostly done and I'm just finishing up porting some last changes and testing on Windows and iPadOS.
2) Facial gesture support. I'm getting many, many requests for this so it's next up
3) iPhone support - getting a fair number of requests for this so it will probably come at the same time as the facial gesture support
4) Chord pro enhancements including chord grid support and chord chart support - while I'm not getting as frequent requests for this, it's been promised for a very long time and is needed, so it's going to be included with the v3.9.0 release.

At the same time, I'm also responding to both bug reports and customer support requests, and dealing with other business-related tasks. So it just takes a bit to get everything in place as I'm just a single developer. I'll do my best to get it done within the next month though (I'm a little late on the original proposed timeline).

Mike
+1 for facial gestures support?
Mike, I'm constantly in awe of what you've created here by yourself (and even more impressed with the cadence by which you release new versions, features, and bug fixes). It's great to hear an iPhone version is in the works, thank you so much!
I have been stalking for this release, and saw Mobilesheets Lite just came out for iPhone on the App Store. Thank you! 

1. I've been searching "Mobilesheets" in the App Store every day for a week on my iphone, and didn't see it show up in search until today (when I misspelled Mobilesheets). Version 3.8.20 for 12/9/2023, so it looks like it's been out for a few days now. Not sure if there is some keyword issue with your app store entry? 

2. There's no option to pay for the full version on iPhone OS, I can only get Lite. When I try to upgrade, it takes me to "MobileSheets for iPad" in the App Store, but the Buy link is still grayed out because that version is "Not compatible with this device."
Apple is currently reviewing my update for "MobileSheets for iPad" (the paid version). In addition to iPhone support, this update also contains support for facial gestures which relies on ARKit, but they are apparently very cautious when it comes to apps adding ARKit functionality, as the developer has access to face data. So I've been working with the reviewer to ensure my privacy policy is properly updated and explained exactly how the information is being used. I'm hoping Apple will approve the update tomorrow if they don't find any other issues with it. They already approved the "MobileSheetsLite" update which contains the exact same functionality (they did not like the name "MobileSheetsFree" though and required me to change it), so that's why you see it available on your phone now. 

I won't go into more details at the moment, but I'm hoping to be able to take the name "MobileSheets" on the Apple Store and prevent other apps from using that name in the future. That should hopefully fix some of the discoverability issues on the store, and confusion with the other app named MobileSheets.

Mike
As a follow-up, Apple did approve the update this morning so it's now available for the iPhone.

Mike
Just confirming, I can see "Mobilesheets for iPad" now on my iPhone! Purchased, and synced my entire library from my Google Drive account. Thanks for Mike for supporting so many options in MobileSheets.

I just realized that although I don't normally use facial gestures, this will be a godsend on the iPhone when I need music in a pinch and don't have my foot pedal setup!