• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import songs with details
I have a bunch of PDFs that I have been loading to MobileSheets.  Each song is in a folder on my flash drive so I can import all of the PDFs in that song.  I am able to add the title of the song so that it is on each instrument part but I still need to go in to each page to add details.  For example, I have a Trumpet 1 part that has a collection for Trumpet 1.  I can't put that in the import because then all of the songs would be in the Trumpet 1 collection.  I end up having to edit each piece to add them to the Trumpet 1, etc, collection.  Is there an easier way to import with details?  Like to create a spreadsheet?  Thanks - Ginny
The only option available at the moment is to use the Batch Import feature, place your files in folders named after the metadata, and enable the option on the batch import screen to populate metadata from directories. Then you can have as many fields filled in as you want, but it will probably take a little bit of time to put all of the files in the folders before batch importing.

I do have plans to address this, including supporting an option to import multiple pdfs through one csv, and an option to import a CSV just to update metadata for existing songs in the library.

Mike
Quote:and an option to import a CSV just to update metadata for existing songs in the library.

YES!!!  Smile

Please consider also an export of metadata of selected songs, collections etc. and even the whole library to a csv for the purpose of easier editing und maintaining the metadata in a spreadsheet with excel or a similar program.
(10-19-2023, 01:16 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: The only option available at the moment is to use the Batch Import feature, place your files in folders named after the metadata, and enable the option on the batch import screen to populate metadata from directories. Then you can have as many fields filled in as you want, but it will probably take a little bit of time to put all of the files in the folders before batch importing.

I do have plans to address this, including supporting an option to import multiple pdfs through one csv, and an option to import a CSV just to update metadata for existing songs in the library.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I think that sounds great although I'm only understanding some of what you said (sry there, new user!).  So by "metadata" does that mean each of the fields in the Edit Song page?  So I would put the PDFs in a folder called "collections" for example and then note the collection for the title say "Killer Joe" and I could also include the key, year, composer, as these would all be the same (I don't see one for Arranger?  We have multiple songs that have different arrangements).  

Then make another folder with the collections for "Alto Sax 1" and put all the alto sax parts in that one.  When I batch import these, would I leave "avoid duplicate songs" clicked and insert the new collection information without removing the Killer Joe tag?

I like the idea of being able to download the whole thing and just put the information in a spreadsheet with the data indicated in each column.  Then upload to MS.  Right now, I'm editing each PDF individually.  Many many pages!  lol

Thanks for you help!  - Ginny
(10-19-2023, 07:59 PM)BRX Wrote:
Quote:and an option to import a CSV just to update metadata for existing songs in the library.

YES!!!  Smile

Please consider also an export of metadata of selected songs, collections etc. and even the whole library to a csv for the purpose of easier editing und maintaining the metadata in a spreadsheet with excel or a similar program.

Yes, I think this is exactly what I need too.  Thank you!
Reading 
https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...-5213.html
How to use "Generate Song List" to create CSV files
might be helpful
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de