• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going only backwards
Hi there,
For a very long time I am using Airturn PED (no pro) with MB Pro and enjoying it.
Since last week after a blinking indication for battery change (what I did) both pedals are going only backwards.

Settings: pedal 1 , DPAD_LEFT, DPAD_UP, PAGE_UP
                  Action: go to previous mark or page
                 pedal 2 , DPAD_RIGHT, DPAD_DOWN, PAGE_DOWN
                 Action: go to next mark or page

I have the option to test with a Airturn PRO device, surprisingly the same effect.

Pages are moving, so communications with Android Samsung tablet looks fine.
But both pedals L/R go backwards now.
Since both Airturns are acting identical I expect they are okay, means the issues is in MB Pro?

In another test I changed the action of pedal 1 to "go to next mark or page".
Tested this on both Airturns and both go to the next page on both pedals!!!
(Sorry :-) , I need both directions on an Airturn)

Hope someone has same experiences or a fix to assist on this issue.

HELP .......
The first thing I'd like you to do is tap the Keys field for pedal 1, tap "Clear" then press the left pedal switch. What key is shown? Tap OK, then tap the keys field for pedal 2 and tap "Clear". Now press the right pedal switch. Let me know what key is shown for that as well. Tap OK. If different keys show up for each pedal, and you've assigned no other pedal keys to pedals 3-6, then you definitely should not see any conflicts. If you see the same key appear for both pedal switch 1 and 2, that's a major problem. In that case, try switching the pedal to a different mode such as mode 2 or 3 (this is covered in the manual), and test it again.

Mike
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your response and assistance.

regarding the tests:

Pressing the left pedal : in pedal 1 is shown -DPAD_UP, CTRL_LEFT, SHIFT_LEFT, ALT-LEFT.

Pushing the right pedal: in pedal 2 is visible: DPAD-UP, CTRL-LEFT, SHIFT-LEFT, ALT-LEFT
Both look identical, and pedel 3 -6 are empty.

I checked the other modes 2,3,4,5 with the same results. Still the same effect.

Since I currently have an Airturn PED Pro on my desk (which I don't like because the sensitivity of the pad has a poor reaction. It is a different meterial)
But having the opportunity at hand, I did the same with the PED Pro.
Left pedal - pedal 1 showing DPAD_UP   (only)
Right pedal - pedal 2 showing DPAD_DOWN (only) 
This seems to work,( but I have to return the device to its owner)

Unfortunately my Airturn is still going into the wrong direction......
That means there is something seriously wrong with your pedal. It is sending four different keys at once and the same keys are being sent from both pedal switches. You can check to see if there is a firmware update for the pedal, but I think you are going to need to contact AirTurn to ask them if there is some way to reset the pedal, because it definitely should not be acting like that. Tell them what you have found here, that each pedal is sending four different keys and they are all the same.

Mike
Thanks Mike, 
I will contact Air Turn for a potential solution..... fingers crossed.