• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations disappear when exceeding page size
Hi Mike,

One of the things I keep running into is MSPs behavior when exceeding the (pdf) page size in the annotation editor.

Both annotations and the eraser are cancelled when I exceed the page limits.

Is there a setting to disable this behavior?
Or is it something you can fix?

I don't need to write outside the page.
But it would be nice if annotations (eraser-box especially) could be drawn outside of the page and still work

Thanks!

[Image: overlay?src0=https%3A%2F%2Fi.vimeocdn.co...r_play.png]
I have adjusted the logic for the next update so that the touch events aren't canceled the second you touch outside the page. This should resolve the problem you are seeing. However, you still can't draw a box outside the page - that causes too many potential issues that I don't want to have to deal with, and I don't really see the need or benefit of being able to do this. Right now, there is a transparent layer that sits on top of the page that is the same size of the page, and this layer handles all of the touch interactions. This ensures that annotations can be drawn on this layer without having to redraw the image for the page over and over as annotations are added. If this layer was larger than the page, then I start having to handle coordinate conversions between the layer and the page, and try to figure out how to handle scenarios like the user drawing a freeform annotation outside the page. 

Mike
Sounds great! Thanks! 
No need to write outside the page margins no, but it would be helpful if the eraser box could be drawn somehow that makes it easier to erase stuff close to the borders.

Thanks!