• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page turn using Yamaha registrations
I was wondering as I use the Yamaha genos registration link button to display the song on mobile sheets weather it would be possible to use a registration button to turn the page.
I use registrations in one Bank per song. Which is the way third party registration makers arrange their products.
So I have 10 or even 20 or 30 available registration buttons in a song and if ,as I progress through them , one could be  asigned to turn the page. That would be very useful.
Just wondering if this is possible.
Regards, John
Hello John,

In theory, you could do that by setting up a MIDI action under Settings->MIDI Settings->MIDI Actions to trigger a page turn when the system exclusive messages are received for whatever button you are pressing (which you can capture using the MIDI listen dialog). The problem is that the message that is sent will change based on what registration is currently active. So I'm not sure if you can really find one unique message to trigger on that is sent regardless of what registration is active that doesn't conflict with the messages used for the standard linking functionality. You may have to experiment some with this, or you'd have to set up a large number of MIDI actions (one per song).

Mike
Thanks Mike. That is a very good point about the unique nature of the registration button dependant on bank name, button number, etc etc.
Regards, John