• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navigation bar issue
I use Mobiles Sheets for e-ink on my Boox Max Lumi2 (latest version of Mobile sheets and Firmware on the Boox)

If I either use "Dim the Navigation Bar" or "Hide the Navigation Bar" in he Display Settings, then the foloowing occurs:
In the Library it shows the navigation bar (as expected). Then when I go to the menu (three dots), the menu appears and the navigation buttons disappear. When I then do a selection in the menu (like Connect to Companion) it just makes the navigation bar re-appear en nothing further. Then I can tap the selection again and it works.
So basically I always need an extra tap to any menu item.
Is this a device bug or is this the Mobile sheets software?
How long ago did you last update?
There was an update to version 3.8.15, and another to 3.8.16, a couple of days ago (I think one of these introduced that problem), and an update to that release (still 3.8.16) about 32 hours ago which I'm pretty sure fixes it.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X
It looks like this is a bug that was introduced. I'll get it fixed. There are a couple of other issues that have been reported, so I'll release a version 3.8.17.

Mike
I'm adding this here because it may be related. I just updated MobileSheets on my Max Lumi2 as well, and I noticed that the rendering is now a little messed up at the top of the library page. In particular, the spacing between the text and some of the drop down arrow icons has been altered so that there's overlap between them, which makes it difficult to read.
(11-02-2023, 03:15 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It looks like this is a bug that was introduced. I'll get it fixed. There are a couple of other issues that have been reported, so I'll release a version 3.8.17.

Mike

Thanks Mike, 

I just installed the update and the issue is gone, but I noticed another place where the navigation bar disappears:

When creating or editing a setlist. When I want to use a filter (i.e. to show only pieces from one collection), then the navigation bar disappears as soon as the "Select Items" pop up is displayed. Then on the first tap on the screen it reappears and after that I can select the filter items.
That's strange - I can't reproduce that on any of my tablets. If I tap the collection dropdown in the setlist editor, the navigation bar stays displayed as I would expect. The navigation bar isn't hidden for me in the setlist editor or on the main library screen when tapping any of the filter fields. I just released an update in the last hour though so you let likely don’t have that yet.

Mike
(11-04-2023, 07:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That's strange - I can't reproduce that on any of my tablets. If I tap the collection dropdown in the setlist editor, the navigation bar stays displayed as I would expect. The navigation bar isn't hidden for me in the setlist editor or on the main library screen when tapping any of the filter fields. 

Mike

It is only on Mobile sheets for e-ink on my Boox Max Lumi 2, running MobileSheets 3.8.17 and Boox firmware 3.5

As soon as the Select items appears, the navigation bar is gone. Then when I want to make a selection and tap anywhere on the screen the navigation bar re-appears and after that I can make a selection.

It happens also in the Pieces library screen. If I tap on a filter (Collections) then the popup appears and the navigation bar is gone. Then also on the first tab the navigation bar appears again, and I need to tap again to make a selection.
I just received another update again (Still version number 3.8.17) and now it is working correct.
Excellent - thanks for verifying that.

Mike