• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unwanted text keyboard pop up
I am using Mobile sheets on a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 plus FE in single page view, scrolling left to right. I have three pieces in a set list and sometimes, when pressing the (Lekato) blue tooth pedal  to turn a page, a text  keyboard pops up and covers the music. This has happened several times both in and out of performance mode. I am terrified it might happen during a performance.  How do I get rid of the text window?  On configuring the pedal in the bluetooth settings page, it forces me to check the box marked text  input..
Are you sure it's not when you press both pedals? I've heard from other Lekato pedal users that it does that when you press both pedals, and it's not something that MobileSheets can control. That's not generally one of the brand of pedals that I recommend to users.

Mike
(11-04-2023, 04:53 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are you sure it's not when you press both pedals? I've heard from other Lekato pedal users that it does that when you press both pedals, and it's not something that MobileSheets can control. That's not generally one of the brand of pedals that I recommend to users.

Mike

I believe you are exactly right, Mike. I discovered that this morning before I saw your post. I pushed both pedals to see what would happen and it reproduced the behavior. I also have a Pageflip Firefly pedal and it hasn't happened with that one.  On the other hand, the Pageflip has a tendency to slip on the floor more than the Lekato.  Once I realized that it was the accidental double pedal push on the Lekato, I was able to make the text keyboard go away by hitting a single pedal again, although of course, it changed the page. I reoriented the pedal to make it less likely to push two pedals at the same time. 
Sharon
The slipping issue can be solved with a card dashboard anti-slip pad.

I don't have a pedal myself but my wife uses one of those under her sewing machine pedal and the pedal running away is no longer a problem.
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western
I have an almost 10 years old tablet (Samsung SM-T820 aka Galaxy Tab S3, Android version 9), one of the first with a pen stylus and 9.7 inch display; pretty old indeed but still a nice device to me.
Recently I bought a Lekato WT-1 bluetooth pedal and now at unexpected moments the Android text keyboard pops up when I press the left pedal (configured as page left). Already tried to contact Lekato company but they do not respond :-(
Any suggestions?
The Lekato pedals are problematic - I believe if you press both pedals at the same time, it pops up the keyboard. This is not something MobileSheets can stop.

Mike
I uninstalled the additional Microsoft SwiftKey app (which I had installed as primary keyboard). The default keyboard still pops up every now and then, but pressing either the left or right pedal makes it disappear -which wasn't the case with SwiftKey.
Also make sure the pedal itself is in the correct mode (pg up/down, or whatever matches you mobile sheets config).