• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display artifacts ins some scores since v3.8.16
I've been having pretty weird display issues with several of my PDF's since the latest update (v.3.8.16). I'm not really sure what's causing it, but many of my self-scanned PDF's appear somewhat distorted and sometimes barely readable, while before these were displaying just fine. It seems more prevalent with PDF's I scanned in 600dpi-resolution, while "digitally created" PDF's like when exporting from MuseScore still appear just fine.

The weird thing is: If I open the files directly into a PDF-program like Adobe Acrobat (opening the files with File Explorer from the Mobilesheets library-folder), they still appear fine, but somehow displaying them in Mobilesheets creates weird artifacts, lines and white spots al across the pages.

I use this program pretty extensively for teaching and playing concerts, so I hope this can get fixed. Some of my scores became quite unreadable (see attachments for a comparison)...

Score appearing normal in Acrobat Pro:

Score appearing distorted in Mobilesheets:

If you can send one of the PDFs to mike@zubersoft.com, I can send that PDF to the company that makes the PDF library. Version 3.8.17 is also waiting approval, so it would be good to verify the issue is still present with version 3.8.17. You can also go to Settings->Display Settings and switch the render preference from "Speed" to "Quality", or vice versa, which switches which PDF library is used. This may resolve the rendering issues you are seeing (which would make sense if it is set to "Speed" as I just updated that library with version 3.8.16 to get some bug fixes from the PDF library company).

Thanks,
Mike
Side-note: And this is why I recommend Mobilesheets to everyone who'll listen. Getting a response, let alone a work-around in about 9 hours, on a Sunday, is just plain incredible! Big Grin

So yeah, switching to the Quality-renderer fixed the distortions in one click!

I did try changing the Image Quality setting from Low -> Normal-> High before posting, but that didn't change anything. I've been using Speed as Render Preference for as long as I can remember, because I've always had slower Windows-tablets with Atom-processors. Those were just too slow when using the Quality-setting. So I kind of forget that setting was even there... Lucky for me I switched to a much faster tablet just a couple of months ago, and Quality renders just fine now. Even when annotating, which was especially slow on the Atom-based tablets.

I'll keep an eye out for the .17-update to check if the problem is still there. I've also sent some of the problematic PDF's via mail. I hope it's an easy fix!

Anywho: Thanks for the (very) quick work-around!